3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

transmission problem?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 10:20 PM
purehellduster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trans trouble

I got a 03 and it's been doing it about a year after i got the truck i had it in to the dealer about 6 times and every time they say they can't find nouthing wrong and i talk to a friend that works at the dealer and he was talking about a nouther truck that he worked on and they put a new valve body and a converter in it and it still has the problem so let us now if your converter works

Old 10-04-2008, 10:34 PM
eaglestorm
Professional

I would replace the trans cooler filter again your complant matches the tsb. Maybe they used the old part # filter to do your trans ? because it was in stock and they all look the same those should be gone by now the part # is 04799662. As far as atf I would use only atf+4 full syn not royal or amsoil or any universel type Thats just me I may start a war with this but stick with oem parts

Old 10-05-2008, 10:12 PM
purehellduster

they replaced both trans filter about two years ago and it might of helped for about a mouth or two and then it started doing it agian about two weeks ago i started back to work from lunch and the truck wouldn't even move when i put it in gear so i put it back into park and then back into gear thin it took off

Old 10-09-2008, 08:57 PM
devildg84
Professional

so i got the truck back today... so far so good they replaced the torque converter, and there were a few other things they had to update... not exactly sure what they were, however they said that the transmission cooler filter was the right one replaced for the recall. so hope this works and if it doesnt it messes up soon so i dont have to spend another $100 bucks on the warrenty deductable lol

Old 10-10-2008, 11:34 AM
devildg84
Professional

okay so i got the paperwork from the dealer and they replaced the torque converter, pump assy, filters, and clutch package... so they did alittle bit of work lol

Old 10-13-2008, 11:58 AM
devildg84
Professional

well it didnt work... it actually made things worse... the truck sat almost 2 days not moving and i got in started it up and put the truck in drive and hit the gas and reved up to 3500 rpm didnt move at all... all of a sudden it caught and took off i was like wtf lol then it would jerk when it would shift on the highway idk what the hell is going on... all i know is if this doesnt get fixed by the dealer soon the right way idk what im gonna have to do to just blow the thing out of the truck lol

Old 10-15-2008, 12:00 AM
purehellduster
Default trans problem

I sorry to hear it did'nt work i did't think it would just from talking to my friend at the dodge dealer I need to call him back he was to check with a nother guy that works higher up on this problem and i was to call him back in a couple days but i forgot to call him back i try to call him tomaro if i find enething out i will wright back...Rick

Old 10-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Riccs22
Rookie

My 04 had the same problem and it pissed me off because i just bought it in february i took it to the dealer ship they flushed the fluid and changed some filters in it i bring it home the next morning it did it again i bring it back and they said it was normal and i wasnt giving the converter enough time to get fluid its been two months and basically does still does a tip start the engine and then count to about thirty the problem should be better. I do agree that it is all bulls*** too the dealership is just saying it to prob save money on their bangin warrenty they give.

Old 10-15-2008, 11:40 PM
vettitas
Default cable

Had an 04 w/ the same/ well ident. prob. As it turned out, my cable, (trans shifter selector cable to the transmission) was out of adjustment.
Not real sure of the adjustment procedure or if there even is one....(i dont really trust the dealer......)
Either way, after my last visit it never happened again.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:02 PM
devildg84
Professional

yeah just got it back yet again... they said there is nothing they could find wrong with the transmission... they adjusted the throttle sensor, they said that would fix the problem... i dont see how when it is the transmission messing up lol... im so annoyed... i was driving my buddy home after work today and was acceleration up a hill and when it shifted up it jumped... it almost felt like i hit a pot hole but no pot hole there.

Quick Reply: transmission problem?