3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.
View Poll Results: What should I do to my grill/bumper?
Leave it as is.
0%
Put in chrome instead with inserts.
17.65%
Paint it.
64.71%
Other
17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

06 Dodge Ram 1500 Grill Options

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 07:19 PM
jstmahoney
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chrome look

Old 09-30-2008, 07:21 PM
jstmahoney
Captain

SPORT LOOK:

Old 09-30-2008, 08:58 PM
DanTheDodgeDood

excellent thanks for those last two pics!

Old 09-30-2008, 08:58 PM
DanTheDodgeDood

Not sure exactly which I like better... Depends how much other chrome parts I put on ... I will probably just end up painting it all white and getting chrome inserts for the grill

Last edited by DanTheDodgeDood; 09-30-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:03 PM
DanTheDodgeDood

Originally Posted by L and R Two
Fist one with the AT tires looks good except the fuel door being on the wrong side of the truck. Kinda sticks out like a sore thumb. LOL!!

Haha yeah I didn't have a pic of the *correct* side of the truck to paste it on. LOL

Old 09-30-2008, 11:42 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Haha, those pics just about made my day. Lol

But, whatever you want to do depends upon what you want to mod your truck to be like. I would definitely do something. If the grille is the same stuff as the bumper top piece, I'd go without a grille/bumper before having those. IMO, it just puts off your truck as the bottom line Dodge. Nothing done to it, but a base line truck. Going all white would look pretty sweet. I haven't seen those bumpers up close, but my brother once showed me something sweet on a Chevy forum. It was with the dash, but it was about how to remove your dash, sand it down, then paint it. If the bumper isn't smooth, sanding it down then painting it would add 100% to it, IMO once again. That would make it basically the same fascia as what other Dodges have.
But, if you want to go like Semigod, or another member who has a white and black truck, then I'd just look around at some other things, and don't make it all white. Just like my truck, it has too much chrome on it, so I can't theme it dark/grey/black, just because of that fact. So think how you want your truck to look when complete.

Old 10-01-2008, 12:38 PM
mwkellner

Hey Dan, I have the same color scheme that you have (mine is QC). I am not intending to hijack your thread, but we need the exact info and opinions. I would like anyones opinion on:

(1) what my truck would look like if I changed to a chrome grill, BUT left the all black bumpers (like the ones in Dans picture). I have noticed that the trucks with chrome grills also have a partially chrome bumper.

(2) Leaving the black outer grill and adding chrome inserts. I have never seen an example of this and realize it would be rather different.

Thanks so much. I have just recently got the Dodge, after switching from Ford and love it so this is my first post here.

--Martin

Quick Reply: 06 Dodge Ram 1500 Grill Options