3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

iac sensor/motor 2004 Ram 1500 Hemi Quadcab

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2008, 01:08 PM
BadAssBlackHemi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face iac sensor/motor 2004 Ram 1500 Hemi Quadcab

Hello boys,
My name is Kellie and I am new to this site...I was hoping someone could be so kind as to tell me where the iac sensor/motor is and anything else you know about a most cost effective way to purchase a new one(other than the dealer) and anything else you may know about replacing one. Thanks soo very much, I appreciate everyone and anyone's help...I NEED to get this fixed asap...miss driving my truck!
Kellie Alise

Old 09-30-2008, 02:13 PM
70_challenger

Kellie:
The IAC usually refers to the Idle Air Control, which is either a stepper motor or a linear solenoid, mounted to the throttle body, used to control the amount of idle air bypassing the throttle blade (and some other functions, like controlling deceleration when the throttle is closed).

However, the Hemi has Electronic Throttle Control (ETC, also called Drive By Wire), which eliminates the IAC.

Pardon me if I have misunderstood - Are you talking about some different IAC? Is this a device that you know is bad on your vehicle?

-Tom

Old 10-06-2008, 09:05 PM
BadAssBlackHemi
Red face

No Tom...You are correct. The dealer gave me the wrong part, for the wrong truck...BIG SURPRISE! Now...to figure out if the prob is with the ETC...my brother just replaced the EGR valve...thinking it may be part of the issue and reset the PCM...but same prob still occuring...what do you know about the ETC?

Old 10-07-2008, 11:05 AM
70_challenger

I know a little about them - Do you have a DTC code or something? What's the problem?

-Tom

Old 10-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're having ETC problems, your truck set a code, you REALLY need the code to start looking at the right area. I looked through my FSM for my 2005 and there's a slew of areas that are called out for this problem. Get your hands on a scanner or run the instrument panel search were the code comes up at the odometer. Turn to "on" with no start three times in just a few seconds, and leave it "on" after the third one. The codes that are set will come up on the odometer. Then come back, we can help much easier that way, and you wo'n't just be changing a lot of expensive parts with no results. Also, you might mention the engine size also, or we'll ***-u-me its a 5.7.

Quick Reply: iac sensor/motor 2004 Ram 1500 Hemi Quadcab