3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How are your seats holding up?

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2008, 05:57 PM
devildg84
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah mine in my 06 stain easy... even water getting on them will leave marks, kinda sucks... im looking to get my whole inside steam cleaned at a detailer bc its driving me nuts lol

Old 10-10-2008, 10:55 PM
ivaskaj
Veteran

The seats in my '07 are doing alright after 14,000 miles. The passenger side feels a lot more firm than my side, but that is probably due to my 300 pound weight. My truck doesn't have step bars, so I usually just slide my fat *** out. This truck sits a lot higher than any of my other trucks did, and It's kinda hard for me to get in/out with out sliding on the seat. Frankly, I'm surprised that the fabric hasn't torn yet.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:43 AM
pcollins
Veteran

Originally Posted by Chris@AutoLeatherInc
What about staining? I hear the 3rd Gen seats stain super-easily, even just water.

The foam is easy to replace, and so is your upholstery! If anyone needs upholstery replacement, let me know! (It's what I do.)
I need upholstery help! Haha. Living in Arizona (110+ heat) and always leaning on the center seat as an arm rest, my upholstery is cracking and spreading on the back of the middle seat.

I tried to use a cheap upholstery patch set but it didnt work too well. Where should I go to get this taken care of or is there something I can do myself?

Thanks

Old 10-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Chris@AutoLeatherInc
Official Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by pcollins
I need upholstery help! Haha. Living in Arizona (110+ heat) and always leaning on the center seat as an arm rest, my upholstery is cracking and spreading on the back of the middle seat.

I tried to use a cheap upholstery patch set but it didnt work too well. Where should I go to get this taken care of or is there something I can do myself?

Thanks
PM sent

Old 10-13-2008, 09:27 AM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Chris@AutoLeatherInc
What about staining? I hear the 3rd Gen seats stain super-easily, even just water.

The foam is easy to replace, and so is your upholstery! If anyone needs upholstery replacement, let me know! (It's what I do.)
ALI leather seats are great! They are what I run in my truck! Not that you didn't already know that! If anyone is looking for good replacement leather seat covers then I suggest ALI! Looks like it came with leather from the factory! A little pain in the @$$ to install, but with a little help it isn't too bad!

Quick Reply: How are your seats holding up?