3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

electronic throttle issue

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 07:31 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this sonofab!tch is back, with a vengeance. since last time, the ETC light would still stay on before i cranked it on, didn't htink much of it cuz it turned off and the truck never acted strange.

changed spark plugs yesterday and took the hemi hat off in the process, now that light is flashing at me, truck is bucking, rough idle, shuts off...etc. MIL flashes when key turned to on, 10 flashes, then constant. this is probably gonna be a dealer trip (there goes my autostart money), but wondering if there is anything i should mention/look out for so i don't get robbed too bad.

plugs are ngk vpower 5306, and i know i did the change right (despite the 30 degree weather).

Old 11-17-2008, 02:19 PM
sneekyk
Default It sucks!

Okay I have an 03' Hemi! This is what I experienced.
CEL and ETB lights on truck runs badly. Drives like this for a week then stops. No lights no problems. All of the sudden tach and speedometer stops working.
Then CEL comes back on without the ETB light. But the ABS and brake light pops on. Then this all stops. Next truck stops running going about twenty or so. Now I get pissed. Then ETB light comes on. Then IDLE slows. Then CEL again then ETB AND Brake check, ABS ALL ON! Taken to dealer said it is fixed driving home It starts all over. I would really like to know what is going on.

Old 11-17-2008, 06:32 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Uhhhhhhhhh-----see my post on page 1.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:47 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

A flashing CEL means a miss...oh and did you hook the IAT back up when you took the hat off?

Old 11-19-2008, 07:29 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

ended up being MAP sensor. tapping on it made the truck go up and down RPM. $30 part, 10 minute fix

Quick Reply: electronic throttle issue