3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Lemon and Chrysler Refuses to Deal with Me

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Bones1274
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope everything works out ok without you forking out much money.

Old 11-06-2008, 09:25 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Chrysler by Law only has to pay you no more than what you initially paid for the vehicle or MSRP which ever is lesser of the 2. Since you would be stuck with an '09 now, that's not a bad thing. They aren't the same truck. The '09 is a really sharp truck and has quite a few more standard options than the 08's had. If it was me, I would be pissed because $40k is alot for a truck in the first place and adding another $4k more isn't pleasing, but that $4k will more than pay for itself when you can drive a new truck without wasting time and money going back and forth to the dealership every week. Not to mention that any average Joe that would otherwise buy your truck in the future can obtain an Oasis report just by the vin # to see what has been reported and/or fixed by the dealer. It's all problems that have been recorded by dealerships. Now try to sell it. Turn around, pull down your pants, bend over and spread them! It will be much easier in the long run.
Chrysler can't get rid of their trucks, so they are doing as little as possible to buy them back! Get a new '09 or find an '08 that will suffice.

Old 11-08-2008, 08:28 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put some nice yellow lemons in the grill, park in front of your dealer, or park in the service bay, A nice written discription of your iisues in the window will draw a crowd, bottom line is if the dealer and chrysler don't adress your concerns, your concerns will not sell chrysler products...

Old 11-08-2008, 11:27 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I would get myself a bunch of 12" YELLOW LEMON DECALS and put them all over the truck (30-40 of them), I would also make a large banner for the rear window that reads "I PURCHASED THIS LEMON AT XXXXXXX" Then when ever possible go visit the dealership and park it right in front... make sure its a busy day, look around the parking lot for a few hours... Or just part it across the street and leave it there for a few hours... make sure its peak sales time... And drive it when ever its practically safe to do so... EXPOSE the issue to the surrounding public and any/all possible customers.

I had a friend do this for 3 weeks... after the 3rd week they where ready to deal with him... he did quite well in the end.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Last edited by AIR RAM; 11-08-2008 at 11:29 PM.

Quick Reply: 2008 Dodge Ram 1500 Lemon and Chrysler Refuses to Deal with Me