3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Stock Sat Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 01:08 PM
Foiled
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Sat Antenna

I want to replace my head unit. I am planing on buying a Sirius receiver but I would like to use the stock sat antenna.

Does anyone know if someone makes an adapter to change the Dodge antenna plug into a standard sat antenna plug?

Thanks

Old 10-13-2008, 07:51 PM
Big_Ike
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you please post pics of the dodge antenna plug thanks, I am thinking about doing the same thing on my truck but want to get everything I need before I go ahead and do it

Old 10-13-2008, 09:36 PM
bwhite757
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The stock unit is behind/above the glove box, you can unhook the antenna wire there, all I had to do was break the plastic cover off of the connector, and it fit perfect on my aftermarket unit. Sorry I do not know the actual names of the connectors...

Even if the connectors don't match your aftermarket setup, take the antenna that came with your aftermarket unit, cut the wire, do the same with the stock antenna wire, cut the connector off, splice back the wire, it's just small coax, and put everything together like so:

Quick Reply: Stock Sat Antenna