3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

New member and owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 09:26 PM
dgmoon
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member and owner

Hello,

I just joined. I bought a Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC Laramie SWB about 9 months about. It is my first truck and I LOVE it!
Go Dodge!

Anyone else in this forum into rockhounding? My truck takes me to those really out of the way places to find keepers.

Later

Old 02-06-2005, 10:54 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New member and owner

I enjoy watching rockcrawling if that's what you're talking about.

Old 02-06-2005, 11:37 PM
dgmoon

Naw,

Rockhounding is looking for rocks and mineral specimens out in the boonies. I am kind of a geology nut.

Although I like watching rockclimbing too. That stuff is wild!

Peace

Old 02-06-2005, 11:53 PM
moparturd
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok. So I did learn something today. I know that alot of this goes on here in NC for emeralds and stuff.

Old 02-07-2005, 02:07 AM
ce2flaco
Veteran

I'm a rockhound as well. As a matter of fact, that's the reason i traded in my two wheel drive Dodge for the 4X4. I just couldn't get to all the places i wanted to go. Arizona is amazing for rockhounding. There is a never ending supply of sites to explore. My most recent trip was to "Fourth of July peak" to look for blue agate. The wife and i found quite a few nice pieces and loaded them into the tumbler right away. I will admit that since i got the 4X4 i have done more exploring and wheeling than collecting, especially since the lift and big tires went on.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7688/7D61094D043C4A47AD26E2F28DDD9ED4.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-07-2005, 02:18 AM
dgmoon

Nice landscape![sm=jawdrop.gif]

So many places to find good rocks!

Here in NC I can only drive so far off the road (too many trees)... I spend a lot of time hiking to good spots.

Last time I went I found garnets and kyanite waaay out in the middle of the woods. I hat to use a compass to find my way back to where I left the trunk

Did you go to the rock show is Tucson this year?

Old 02-07-2005, 02:33 AM
ce2flaco
Veteran

I didn't goto the show in Tucson. I am i bit different in that i enjoy rockhounding strictly for the adventure of it. The shows are interesting but i tend to get bored looking at other peoples finds. I prefer to be out finding my own. If i never find a gem quality piece, that's OK with me, i just enjoy the hunt. I have found some nice pieces though. I have a few pieces of Amethist that i dug out of a cliff near Payson and some very nice fire agate that the wife and i found on the New Mexico border.

This is a pic of the Leviathan mine shaft a friend and i explored near the ghost town of Stanton. If you look close you can see the ring tail on the wall that scared the crap out of us.

There are more Arizona backcountry pics at the link in my sig.

[IMG]local://upfiles/7688/1579961650DF4AD5B981D228EDA2F590.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: New member and owner