3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Worn out bushings on lift kit, how bad are they?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 06:03 PM
HollowPoint40
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Worn out bushings on lift kit, how bad are they?

Hey guys,

I recentley had a post on here about my truck squeaking when rocking side to side. Now its pretty loud but im pretty sure it is the bushings. I took it to a shop that does lifts and thats what we came up with.

My question is, it has been like this for about 3 weeks and i cant get it fixed for probably another few days. How bad is this? What damage am i doing if any, driving on them when they are bad?

One guy i had looking at it at another shop said the bushing was moving and is going to wear my tire wrong (which it looks like it is).

So besdies that, what damage am i doing driving it?

Old 10-19-2008, 09:48 PM
TooFastForLove
Rookie

Got a picture of the problem area?

Ive had a 6in Fabtech on my 02 Ram for about a year now, and ive found a few quirks with the kit.

Old 10-19-2008, 11:18 PM
HollowPoint40

No i dont have any pics, and this is all very new to me. I know there is a problem because its pretty loud now and when i would grease up one of the grease joints it would go away. Now, i guess because its more worn, that doesnt help. The first mechanic i took it too could not find the problem, then called and said he found it and that it was a bushing set on the drivers side. So i ordered them for both sides and another shop will put them on. I just hope that really is the problem, i took his word for it but who knows. It sounds like if you were leaning back in a office chair or something, you know that squeak.

It should be fixed soon but i still do in town daily driving with it the way it is now.

There are so many more "noises" with a lifted truck that i think everyone is something going wrong!

Last edited by HollowPoint40; 10-19-2008 at 11:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Worn out bushings on lift kit, how bad are they?