3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need serious professional help..From Ram owners and dodge employees..

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 09:06 AM
02Steve1990
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would get a lawyer so you can get your driveway fixed and a new truck

Old 10-21-2008, 09:13 AM
TXcharger07
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

isn't the intake manifold off of the hemi a plastic one?

sorry for your experience

Old 10-21-2008, 10:39 AM
tfb4me
Rookie
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by TXcharger07
isn't the intake manifold off of the hemi a plastic one?

sorry for your experience
Yes I belive it was..They said it was a sealed unit and had no way of knowing that there was metal bits in it..when it comes to building a 8 thousand dollar motor one would think they would have just replaced it..The thing is I had all the confidence in this Stealership going into this to get the repairs done.Now I dont know what to think..I just called and asked about the oil filter adapter and I was told that the people on the Dodge forums dont know anything and that thier at a computer for a reason..LOl The service manager isint in untill next tuesday.. Now you see what im up against..I told them The adapter for '08 changed to a 22mm thread ( thats the reason for new filter # ), the part # for the 22mm adapter is 4892338AA, It "should" just replace the adapter thats on the block I have now. This guy clearly doesnt know what he's talking about according to my Dealership... Yet It makes perfect sence to me. He then said he will order the # given to me but if its not right I own it..I then told him he needs to research it to be sure there isint a difference from US to canadian part #'s he then said "were way to buisy to research some whim form a guy on a computer" so you can imagine how this is driving me insane
38 thousand dollars later and no respect..Huh
Im about ready to take a 09 for a swim on the test drive event tonght..Im dubbing it as the Drive it like its stolen event!!!!

Old 10-21-2008, 11:01 AM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

Originally Posted by tfb4me
I then told him he needs to research it to be sure there isint a difference from US to canadian part #'s he then said "were way to buisy to research some whim form a guy on a computer"
umm, Parts/Service isn't some random guy on a computer, 10 years experience means something i would think. apparently the guy at your dealership doesn't know as much as parts does, cuz he was able to find the numbers.

f it, tell him to order it. what's he gonna do if it's the wrong part, take the money out of your wallet? bullsh!t don't have time to research it. go park the truck on a concrete area in their lot for a day and see how they like the oil stains.

man i love my truck, but these stories about bad dealerships just keep coming, and **** me right off.

Old 10-21-2008, 11:40 AM
SASKY

4892338AA is the part # for the 22mm adapter, looked up on STARPARTS at a Canadian dealership. The guy you were talking to sounds like he knows everything.

Old 10-21-2008, 12:45 PM
tfb4me
Rookie

Thanks Guys! I wish I knew everything..

Old 10-21-2008, 01:12 PM
tfb4me
Rookie

Originally Posted by xfeejayx
umm, Parts/Service isn't some random guy on a computer, 10 years experience means something i would think. apparently the guy at your dealership doesn't know as much as parts does, cuz he was able to find the numbers.

f it, tell him to order it. what's he gonna do if it's the wrong part, take the money out of your wallet? bullsh!t don't have time to research it. go park the truck on a concrete area in their lot for a day and see how they like the oil stains.

man i love my truck, but these stories about bad dealerships just keep coming, and **** me right off.
I think ill park it on the new concrete pad right in front of the showroom..Go to work with the keys for the day..I cant wait for the service manager to come back...These guys are like talking to a brick wall

Old 10-21-2008, 08:07 PM
eaglestorm
Professional

you have a problem with the dealer not chrysler talk to the owner and call your lawyer

Old 10-21-2008, 08:26 PM
tfb4me
Rookie

Unfortunatly for Chrysler the dealer Represents Chrysler..I was at the showcase 2009 tonight.. It was packed, so packed I couldnt even test drive a 09 ram. On Tuesday Im going in to talk to the Head service manager and the owner at the same time..Without a lawyer.I will try to deal with this as humanely as possible first. If that gets me nowhere I will go the lawyer route.I was thinking the local media...Has anyone had any luck with this method?

Old 10-21-2008, 09:21 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

i would tell them to fix it right or replace the truck . their techs cant do anything right at this point they are tired of you and thats that. i would calmly tell them if you dont resolve this im going to the media getting a lawyer. and then i would proced to take a big dump on his deskand wipe my *** with his tie.. (no that was a joke) unless you really got to go. but in all seariousness dont let them walk all over you ill come up to canada and bust cookies all over the front lot grass. i hate a-hole dealers

Quick Reply: Need serious professional help..From Ram owners and dodge employees..