3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Need serious professional help..From Ram owners and dodge employees..

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 05:21 PM
tfb4me
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need serious professional help..From Ram owners and dodge employees..

I’m going to make an effort to make this as short as possible. I bought my 08 Ram 1500 in Nov 07 drove it with no problems until this summer. I ran into a flooded section of road and Hydro-locked the Hemi motor. Dodge wouldn’t cover the expense under warranty. So I claimed it under my insurance as a comprehensive claim. They (Doge) replaced the block and rebuilt the heads. Anyway I get the truck back and drove for a total of 2 hrs. Then a real bad vibration in the motor and the engine light came on. I took it back to the Stealership and they diagnosed the problem to be low compression in cylinder # 1.It appears that they reused the intake manifold from the 1st blown Hemi. The intake had a small piece of metal from the first hemi (or so they say) .This leads to my first question how can they guarantee there was just only 1 piece? Now for the rest of story. Anyhow they went and tore down the hemi and found that the head for cylinder # 1 had a bent valve from the metal. Now remember through all this I only remember what limited information I was given. Throughout the entire process I was as good as up their asses as much as possible. I was left with the feeling that I was constantly left out of the loop when it came to the repairs and any necessary information. They rebuilt the head only on the left side of the motor and didn’t even inspect the other side. I get the truck back yet again and was told to return after 1000 kms to get the oil changed. It didn’t even last 25 kms and it was dripping oil all over my new asphalt drive way. That was 3 weeks ago.. The kid that does oil changes in the dealership told me it’s a main seal leak. Dodge won’t agree and keep putting it off. Now my new driveway is covered in oil spots big time and as far as I’m concerned ruined. That brings on question # 2...Can they be held liable for the damaged drive way? So today I take the truck back to get that 1000km oil change and it’s still leaking badly..They still won’t acknowledge the main seal leak and did a dye test today. So much for the driveway for another week. This is the real kicker of the story…get ready for this one. The kid that does the oil changes is standing there having a small but quiet fit. I head across the shop to see what the problem is..He’s standing there scratching his head with the oil filter in his hand. I ask what the problem is and he said “ I don’t get it. This is an oil filter for a 08 hemi” He proceeds to tell me that it wont fit. Then he showed me. I said well what filter came off of it? He showed it to me and looked it up in the book its for a 07 hemi not an 08….WTF now I’m pissed. Question # 3 lies here. What if they put a 07 motor in my 08 ram hemi? What can I do? I am extremely frustrated with Chrysler at this point as one could imagine. When they finished up today after installing the 07 oil filter not one person could look me in the eye as I was leaving.. I did get a minute with the kid doing the oil change alone. I asked him “do you think that’s a 07 motor in my truck” He said “honestly he didn’t know but something was Fu@#ed up for sure” I now have a 2008 Dodge Ram hemi with its second motor (believed to be a 07) rebuilt once. The truck has 19 thou kms on it. And is destroying my new driveway..I have seriously have had enough and just want break down into tears when I think about it..Can someone help me deal with these people? I need help to organize information to go to them with and also need help with dealing with Dodge. Has anyone had to go through this and does anyone know where to begin in dealing with this. The dealership refuses to deal with me honestly when it comes to my Baby. I feel I need to go beyond them. On a lighter note I did get to see the 09’s today..Wow their nice!! I love the rear suspension.. Perhaps a deal could be made to get me into one I don’t know..
I’m feeling ridden hard and put away wet

Old 10-20-2008, 05:30 PM
draco8494
Captain

maybe try n go to a different dealership and give them the whole story, or send in a letter to corperate with all of your probs, im sure they dont want a lawsuit so theyll just give you what you want...hopefully, but if i were you ide be pissed i would have hit sombody already, but that wont get ya no where with the stealership, sorry about your luck

Old 10-20-2008, 05:38 PM
tfb4me
Rookie

whats the difference between a 07 hemi and a 08 hemi? For starters the oil filter..The Service manager told me there was no difference...I said "so thats why there is a different oil filter" These people are nuts..

Old 10-20-2008, 06:01 PM
jkillman
Professional

Wow. That's ridiculous. I'm real sorry to hear that. I
mean you pay a GOOD amount of money for a vehicle, and stuff like that happens. I hope you get it all fixed.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:32 PM
uspatriot
Professional

get a lawyer and walk out with a couple of 09 rams and a new challenger

Old 10-20-2008, 06:35 PM
tfb4me
Rookie

I have all the recipts from Chrysler...How Do I look up the part #'s? thier all here on paper..
It says fp# 05139102-ac engine 09-001-024 unti price $2545. Im suprised I didnt notice before but by the looks of the break down it wasnt a crate motor installed.. The quote for the insurance company says new crate motor..Hmm yet another messed up angle

Old 10-20-2008, 07:34 PM
TexasRam01
Rookie

If the quote/ ticket to the insurance company says "new crate" motor, and you got a rebuilt motor out of an '07, I would start there. Call the insurance company and see if they could run it from their angle. That is basically insurance fraud. Or go into the dealership and talk to the service manager. Explain to them your story and tell them its insurance fraud. You bought a new crate motor through insurance. Thats what you should get.

It can be tough... but remember, the squeeky wheel gets the grease.

Best of luck,
Tex

Old 10-20-2008, 07:35 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

if you made a claim on your insurance, then I would contact them and tell them that they cheated them and put a different motor in then they were supposed to! They have attorneys and will fight to get what work was supposed to be done! When I made my claim, they tried to tell me that my VIN came up as a truck with a chrome bumper, when it came stock with a painted bumper! The insurance company took care of it for me and I got the Painted bumper without having to deal with the dealership auto body!

Or get an attorney for yourself if they won't do anything about it!!

Old 10-20-2008, 07:36 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by uspatriot
get a lawyer and walk out with a couple of 09 rams and a new challenger
I like his idea better!

Old 10-20-2008, 07:42 PM
bkolman1022

i had almost the same circumstance. hydrolocked went though insurance got them to rebuild my motor only to have the check engine light come on three times in three days. took it back everyday had it shut off and different minor things fixed finally it stayed off for about three months and then got this real terrible lower end knock and took it in and screamed at some people till they fixed it and gave me some of my money back. it true about the squeaky wheel. most people let it go and get screwed you have to let them know u know what your talking about andthat you wont let it stand....anyway my twe cents

Quick Reply: Need serious professional help..From Ram owners and dodge employees..