3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help w/ factory stereo's

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 02:22 AM
adamsredlines
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help w/ factory stereo's

I'm thinking of switching from a single disk to a in dash 6 disk changer. Does the head unit that dodge has for their in dash have everything needed, or is the changer elsewhere in the dash? Also, are they the same size (can I just "pop it in and go")? Lastly, does anybody know what "brand" the stock one is and the 6 disk? Mine is an SLT if that makes any difference.

Old 02-10-2005, 03:10 AM
rAmOn24z
Default RE: Help w/ factory stereo's

hey im thinking of doing the same thing. the cd changer is built in. all six cds go through the same tray. my friend has an srt-10 and it came with it factory. its the same size so im guessing you just pop it in and go.im not sure what brand it is but i know it comes with rds which is pretty cool.

Old 02-10-2005, 12:53 PM
Snooptalian

Yes it is an all in one umit from Mopar. Same size as the regular CD unit, and should be plug n play. Pop your old one out, and in goes the new CD changer system. I am pulling mine out today from my 05 Hemi to upgrade to an in dash Kenwood DVD player/touch screen. I may already have a buyer for the OEM system though, if the buyer doesn't follow through I can let you know if you are interested in it. I offered it to him for $150 shipped. It's up to him whether or not he still plans on getting it. Hopefully I'll know by this evening.

Thanks.

Old 02-11-2005, 04:32 AM
rAmOn24z

Let me know if your seller doesnt come through im interested in buying.

Old 02-11-2005, 01:25 PM
Snooptalian

I'll let you know. Still waiting on a reply from the guy. If he doesn't reply soon I guess I'll assume he doesn't want it anymore. It also comes with an MRKgroup red radio **** cover. You can just take it off if you don't like the color, but there is no sense in me keeping it as I can't use it on my new system. Anyways, I'll post here if the guy replies back or not.

Thanks.

Old 02-14-2005, 11:03 PM
adamsredlines
Professional

Kinda sux my thread gets hijacked and someone else might get to buy the stereo....

Old 02-15-2005, 02:41 AM
Red Ram Hemi 2005
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To tell you the truth, I would rather have an aftermarket stereo. They sound so much better than stock. I put in a new single disk and pulled out my 6 disk and it sounds so much better. If the 6 disk still worked I would sell it to you, but it broke. Was going to take it back to the dealer but it is 3 hours away and I work like 50 to 60 hours a week.

Old 02-16-2005, 01:44 AM
adamsredlines
Professional

I like to keep it lookin stock, and I'm fine with the way the stock stereo sounds. Besides that, I dont want to be afraid of someone stealing my stereo out of my truck, I've had a few buddies get theirs jacked and its not worth it.

Old 02-17-2005, 02:46 AM
Jdubbtx

He's right there is a significant increase in sound quality and the look doesn't look bad. The adapter kit actually looks very clean. I actually installed a new stereo in mine before the paperwork was signed. LOL. Anyway if you wanna go factory I do believe that fujitsu makes some of the stuff. I may be wrong. but I would go aftermarket. The factory speakers still sound good with all the added power. Did the same thing in my Stratus and it sounded good as well.

Quick Reply: Help w/ factory stereo's