3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

superchips problem figured out

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 08:49 PM
ramracing4.7ltr
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up superchips problem figured out

i posted a thread a couple days back about not being able to program my 04 4.7 but after hassling with them and updating my tuner many times were all done and complete. it was because of the fact that i had a 5 speed manual trans. the reason for this post is to justify the guys who have the new tune and said they did not notice a difference.....dudes my 1st gear launch and 2nd gear launch feel way torquier!! just to let yall know.. i think it was worth it -

Old 10-28-2008, 08:56 PM
red06RAM
All Star

I'm thinking about getting one. What do they have to do different if you have a 5 or 6 speed?

Old 10-28-2008, 09:39 PM
ramracing4.7ltr
Veteran

they are worth it too me...well basically i bought mine through another company, and not directly from superchips and im thinking that the ones they send to companys are just stock flashed with the new update and basically they had to send a "special update " is what they call it too mine and i just had to download it and tada it worked! but i think if you order one , you should order it from superchips and tell them you have a manual tranny and i think you should be fine.the other bad *** think about them is after your download their standard update there is a data update and you can take your truck to a backroad and test your 0 - 60 , 1/4 mile times! ive gotta get a cam so i can put on youtube..but lol thats besides the point

Quick Reply: superchips problem figured out