3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

A Stroke of Bad Luck.

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 06:41 PM
Dodgeboy328
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry A Stroke of Bad Luck.

So I was on my way home from college about a month ago. Traffic was flowing fine, the 5:00 traffic hadn't started yet. I was following a Ford pickup and there was a Powerstroke behind me. Then the pickup in front locks up his brakes for no apparent reason. So I had to lock up as well as the diesel behind me. I skidded into the truck in front. Nothing bad, but I still ended up with a reciever hitch slammed into my front bumper. The diesel barely missed me and kept going. So I get out as well as the guy in the Ford. Then I realized that he couldn't speak english! He was an illegal immigrant! Technically it was my fault, but impact was unavoidable the way he locked up like that. I wasn't following too close either. Even though I know he didn't have it, I tried to get some insurance info from him. So he just runs and jumps in his truck and floors it. I followed him far enough to get his plates and then I lost him. I then pulled over and called the cops. Well the plates didn't match. The officer said they were probably switched off another vehicle. So I'm on my own with this one. Does anybody have any idea how much it would be to have my front bumper replaced? It's a sport so it's all one piece. It didn't get the frame or radiator, just the plastic fascia. Thanks.

Old 11-01-2008, 10:18 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

You're better off...the accident would've been your fault and you'd have higher rates for 3 years. OEM bumpers can be expensive...you might get lucky and find one at the bone yard.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:14 AM
disturbedgator
Captain

hey look at this way, now you have a reason to get a srt10 bumper

Old 11-02-2008, 01:09 AM
flwalks
Professional

Check out e-bay. Picked up one about 8 months ago from a guy that pulls them off to install brush bumpers. It cost me less than $500 shipped and that was with color matched cover. http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/t...=p3911.c0.m198

Old 11-02-2008, 01:46 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Quick Reply: A Stroke of Bad Luck.