3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

So my dad wants to buy a programmer now...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Frenchy
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default So my dad wants to buy a programmer now...

Well, he borrowed my friends Superchips Cortex programmer, and he loved it, but he's not entirely sure that's the one he wants...

I've been reading that people are saying the DiabloSport programmer is where it's really at...

What's the truth to this?

He has a 2004 5.7L...

Old 11-09-2008, 01:15 PM
chefred112
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

..the Diablo is what he wants, has more functionality then superchips..wait a few weeks and hear what the real user opinions are (including mine)...

Old 11-09-2008, 05:00 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

I think that if he is looking at Diablo he should wait a little bit for two reasons. One, there has been no real world feedback as of yet as to how good this product really is. Two, the 04 functionality is a little less than it is on newer model years so I would wait until they come out with complete functionality before I buy. At least those are the reasons that I am waiting to switch from Superchips to Diablo.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:12 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
I think that if he is looking at Diablo he should wait a little bit for two reasons. One, there has been no real world feedback as of yet as to how good this product really is. Two, the 04 functionality is a little less than it is on newer model years so I would wait until they come out with complete functionality before I buy. At least those are the reasons that I am waiting to switch from Superchips to Diablo.
The hardware is very proven but on the software side there might be some bugs...but I doubt it'll be anything major.

I don't see the reason to wait just because the 03-04's don't have full TCM support yet. A engine tune will still benefit him greatly and when the update comes out it'll just be a download...he doesn't have to buy a new predator. Plus it'lll give him time to learn how to adjust the tunes and when the update comes out he can play with the shift points.

Old 11-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Here is another reason to wait, if you go onto Diablo's site now and go to the section where you choose a tuner from the dropdown menus the choice for a Dodge Ram is gone.

Old 11-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Frenchy
Banned

Ya, but on the main site it says now taking orders for the 03 - 06 Ram, then you click it, and voila! there it is.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:33 PM
justanothermoparman
Veteran
Thumbs up performance chips

i own a 07 1500 ram 5.7 hemi. I've got K N intake Air Raid throtal body spacer Magnaflow echaust and a Edge Evolution progamer. It does wonders. i live in salt lake city and pulling a 19ft. searay up parleys canyon (I-80) i can go about 95 mph up the summit. it has all of your pyrometers and on screen display up to for, i would highly recomend it to andy one!!

Old 11-09-2008, 11:43 PM
donjohnk
Veteran

Originally Posted by justanothermoparman
i own a 07 1500 ram 5.7 hemi. I've got K N intake Air Raid throtal body spacer Magnaflow echaust and a Edge Evolution progamer. It does wonders. i live in salt lake city and pulling a 19ft. searay up parleys canyon (I-80) i can go about 95 mph up the summit. it has all of your pyrometers and on screen display up to for, i would highly recomend it to andy one!!
They only make the edge for the '07... in the 1500.. whats the deal with that?

Old 11-09-2008, 11:49 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Here is another reason to wait, if you go onto Diablo's site now and go to the section where you choose a tuner from the dropdown menus the choice for a Dodge Ram is gone.
No it's not...here it is in their online store.

http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...18518.8474.0.0

Here it is on the page after you click on the home page banner...yes the home page banner for the u7137 is still up.

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...isplay&pid=150

Old 11-10-2008, 04:16 AM
Jetboater
Default Diablo Tuner

Looks like the interface kit is separate. You'd think everything would come with the tuner to begin with. That's about like the Airaid's M.I.T. The listing for apllications only goes up to 2003 on the 1500's and to 2004 on the 2500's and 3500's. Why don't they update their website once in a while. Leaves a person thinking about buying ANYTHING from 'em.

Quick Reply: So my dad wants to buy a programmer now...