3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2006 1500 4X4 Wheel Spacer FAIL!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 09:44 AM
JustinDodd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 1500 4X4 Wheel Spacer FAIL!

Guys, I need some help here. I have spent way more time online trying to find this information and I just cant pin it down. I have come to the conclusion that I must, in fact, start ANOTHER thread on tires, lifts, and spacers......flame on.

Here is the scenario: I have a 2006 1500 4X4 with factory 20 inch wheels. I have installed a leveling kit as well as fender flares. I have purchased some 35X12.5R20 Mickey Thompson ATZ's for my factory wheels and I am aware that I must install spacers in order to prevent major rubbing issues. I have purchased some spacers online and they dont fit (wrong bolt pattern - I dont know how I did that to myself).

My question is where do I get good quality wheel spacers that will clear the aforementioned tires? Any thoughts on correct bolt patterns and widths are needed also. Ebay spacers scare the hell out of me. Any help clearing this up would really be appreciated. Also, pictures of similar setups would really be great - I need a mental crutch to get through this frustration.

JD

Old 11-11-2008, 11:27 AM
justntexas07
Veteran

the bolt pattern should be 5 x 5.5. If that's what your ordered then the company sent you the wrong spacers, you will be able to send them back and have them send you the correct ones at no charge. I belive some of the guys on here have 1.25 to 1.50" spacers.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:51 PM
dodge it then ram it
Veteran

I have 1.5" on my twenties. Got it off of ebay. No problems at all. Ebay spacers and any you find anywhere else are made of the same materials to the tee. Unless you find steel ones, which I could never find, your going to have use aluminum.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:54 PM
blackgoat07
Cool New Wheels

Get some new wheels. the spacers suck and due to harmonics can shimmy. get aftermarket 20x10 wheels with more offset/backspacing and your tires will jump out from under your truck and away from your a-arms, wheel wells, etc etc etc --- I just did and it made a huge difference.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:05 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Simple, don't put spacers on your truck. One of the worst things you can do to your axels.

Old 11-26-2008, 11:25 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Got_Hemi44
Simple, don't put spacers on your truck. One of the worst things you can do to your axels.

The only thing that gets effected is leverege by putting more weight further out. The axles will be fine as long as you properly torque and get HUBCETRIC!!!! They are a little more money, but think of how much repairs will be if the cheapo on'es fail. Here's a link to a place where I bought a set for my brother's Rubicon. Great product and the cheapest price. They shipped super fast and use 2-3day priority service. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wheel...spagenameZWDVW
Those aren't hub centric, but they have them at their normal website. I believe they are about $85 a pair

Old 11-27-2008, 09:11 AM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by dirtydog
The only thing that gets effected is leverege by putting more weight further out. The axles will be fine as long as you properly torque and get HUBCETRIC!!!! They are a little more money, but think of how much repairs will be if the cheapo on'es fail. Here's a link to a place where I bought a set for my brother's Rubicon. Great product and the cheapest price. They shipped super fast and use 2-3day priority service. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Wheel...spagenameZWDVW
Those aren't hub centric, but they have them at their normal website. I believe they are about $85 a pair
+1 to that site i got mine from them ....spacers are great i got "hub centric" in 2" and i have been off-road allot on them this year hunting , maby 1k miles on them and checked them and they are still tourgued down to 90 ftp. and yes they are on stock 20's. no problem with them and would recomend.
all the bad stories on spacers are from some idiot that had a bad experiance with them due to not getting hub centric or not installing them with the recomended ft pounds. dont let some idiots bad experiance ruin yours. i say go for it.

Quick Reply: 2006 1500 4X4 Wheel Spacer FAIL!