3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

this want Dodge. chrysler is doing wrong...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 02:49 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default this want Dodge. chrysler is doing wrong...

Hello, my advice is free, and worth every penny..

My 06 Ram 2500 was in for servicing. I scope out the new wheals in the show room and was stunned cold to see a brand new Dodge town and country mini van for 40 grand CDN.

Thier was a jeep compass, a jeep patriot, a jeep Comannder, a jeep Grand cherokie. a Dodge nitro, Dodge Aspen and a SRT8 300 C, SRT8 Challenger, Viper and a sortment of Dodge Journey's.

Why is dodge marketing and selling the same 4x4 product in the Liberty, Patriot, Nitro and why is thier a jeep Comander, Dodge aspen and A Grand Cherokie, not to mention the Jeep wrangler?

Combine all the jeeps into one, lower the price, you save on production cost's, parts cost's.

AS for the town and country, A Dodge Ram is just a better buy when coampared to a Mini van, no wounder people are not buying mini Vans, they cost more than the Trucks and jeeps that have more utility.

So get back to the basics of a K car 4 banger mini van, Mini Vans are not mimi any more and ue as much full as a full size RWD car ( Charger )

The Journey is a mini Van..

The Seabring, Avenger and Calibur should just go away and return in a mid size AWD or FWD platform, I bet the Journey was to fill this role .

quit making sub comspacts and build a bigger mid size car.

Now I like the Challenger, 300 C and the Charger and I'm not a Fan of the viper, but you need a performance divison to sell the bread and butter cars.

If Gm and Chryler were to merge, its death for both.

I know dealer pricing and MSRP are inflated and every listed price is not the final price, but shoot me if I ever consider 40 grand cdn for dodge mini van...

Last edited by cyclone429; 11-11-2008 at 02:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 11-12-2008, 12:54 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Well, a Ram wont ride 6 adults comfortably like a Grand Caravan will. My Dad bought a new 08 SXT not too long ago for about 21K with a long bumper to bumper warranty. Your dealer is crazy with those prices.
I like the Caliber myself. Just got the wife one a couple of months ago. I'm 6'2 and fit in it fine. It sits higher than most small cars, so it is much easier for mr and her to get in and out of. It has more than enough leg room even for me. I do agree, that a smaller, more efficient car would be beneficial to Chrysler to up sales, but I personally have no use for one.
GM is no longer interested in Chrysler's cash. They are waiting for the government to bail them out now or they will cease to exist after the first of the year.

Most manufactures have family doubles. Ford Taurus/ Mercury Sable, GMC Envoy, Chevy Trailbalzer, and Dodge Durango/ Chrysler Aspen for example. It give people an upgraded, more luxurious version of the same vehicle.
Yes, it is a bit wasteful, but most parts interchange so it doesn't take alot to make the change from one to the other.
I'm not sure what the Journey is for either. I was going to talk dad into one of those instead of the Grand Caravan, but for it's size, there was not much rear leg room for 4 adults.

Quick Reply: this want Dodge. chrysler is doing wrong...