3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

What should I expect to pay for this?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 10:02 AM
_Kyle_
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I expect to pay for this?

Alright, i'm new around here, so if this is in the wrong area, let me know.

But, I looked at an 05 Quad Cab 1500 with the Hemi. It was a 4x4 and had like 65k on it. The dealer was offering me 14k out the door. Is that a deal or am I being screwed? I didn't get it because it was actually already sold, but it seemed pretty nice. If anyone has an input on what I should expect to pay or any specific items to look at, that'd be great.

Thanks!

Old 11-16-2008, 10:13 AM
jkillman
Professional

It depends if its in good shape. If so then I think its alright. It could be 12 or 13. But your not getting screwed.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:18 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Why was he trying to sell that one if it's already sold? Sounds like he thought the buyer would have a hard time getting financed or he was going to try and find a similar one for that same amount of money. I wouldn't waste my time on that one uless they call you back and it's available. Also, you can pick up a new '08 left over fuly loaded for about $22k so that would make an 06/07 go for about 16-18k with no more than 30kmi on them. I would say your best bet is to buckle dow and get into an 07 or a left over if you can swing it.
Just to give you heads up, Dealerships make barely anything on New vehicle sales. All their money is in parts/labor and Used car sales!!! I used to sell cars and be a Finance Manager a 3 different dealerships. Used cars is where they make a LOT!
It's also tough to say out the door, that means it incluses tax and tags then. You cannot really compare out the door price. You need to compare base price. The actual cost of the truck. When they say out the door, they could be adding in an extended warranty, undercoating..etc... without you knowing so they can make money. You have a trade??? That makes a big difference.

Old 11-16-2008, 10:18 AM
Big_Wheel
Veteran

here in canada i got a 04 1500 Q.c SLT with 86000 km's for 20k... its a good price here

Old 11-16-2008, 11:43 AM
jdcovert
Veteran

That sounds about par for around here. Maybe a tick high. But personally if I was after a used truck I'd spend another grand or two for an '06. A friend of mine got an '06 loaded QC Sport with 21K for $19,000. I thought that was just a little high.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:58 AM
_Kyle_

I really don't want to put myself out too far with anything newer. This is a good monthly payment for me. I'd feel uncomfortable with anything higher really.

But, the women has a list from the AM of the inventory but it sold earlier in the day, and she didn't have an updated list. So it wasn't anyones fault really.

And she was saying it was about 12,900 for the truck, then 14 with ttl.

No trade either. Keeping my 96 Grand Cherokee for a toy.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:03 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

14k for an 05 with 65k on the clock? If the economy wasn't crap and dealers weren't going out of business left and right i'd say it sounds good...but that's not the case. I wouldn't pay more than 8.5k for that truck...T&L would take it around 10k. Seriously, if you paid 14k for that truck you know you'd get a warranty...all of a sudden you're a lot closer to a 20k truck with 65k miles on it.

Get a new 08 with the lifetime powertrain....you can get a decently equipped one for under 20k easy. The dealer would rather sell it to you than get it repossessed.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:27 PM
_Kyle_

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
14k for an 05 with 65k on the clock? If the economy wasn't crap and dealers weren't going out of business left and right i'd say it sounds good...but that's not the case. I wouldn't pay more than 8.5k for that truck...T&L would take it around 10k. Seriously, if you paid 14k for that truck you know you'd get a warranty...all of a sudden you're a lot closer to a 20k truck with 65k miles on it.

Get a new 08 with the lifetime powertrain....you can get a decently equipped one for under 20k easy. The dealer would rather sell it to you than get it repossessed.
But can I get a quad cab with the hemi for that price? And this dealer really isn't hurting. It's the largest Dodge one in this area and was packed when I was in there.

Old 11-16-2008, 02:34 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by _Kyle_
But can I get a quad cab with the hemi for that price? And this dealer really isn't hurting. It's the largest Dodge one in this area and was packed when I was in there.
Maybe....depends on you ,the dealer and it being the right time. The average mileage per year is between 12-15k miles...not only was that truck over priced in my opinion but the mileage was high for the year.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:00 PM
_Kyle_

Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Maybe....depends on you ,the dealer and it being the right time. The average mileage per year is between 12-15k miles...not only was that truck over priced in my opinion but the mileage was high for the year.
I doubt I could manage to convince them to give me that kinda price on an 07 or even an 08... And this is the type of truck i'm set on. I'm waiting on her to call me back this week and tell me what they have/are getting in on the lot so I can go look at them and see what happens.

Quick Reply: What should I expect to pay for this?