3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

No Oil Pressure on 2005 1500 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 02:27 PM
galvatron
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

water in your oil would turn it milky white, long before you noticed any increase in level....did it smell like fuel(gasoline)?

Old 11-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Gone Fishin
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I helped MMstar get through his ordeal. First, pull the sending unit and install a regular 0-100 psi guage and verify if you have oil pressure or not. If not, I suspect that the Royal Purple stripped a lot of gunk from your engine, and now there is a very good chance that its laying in your pan-----but, first I think I'd drain the oil out that is in there now, and see what you dealing/working with. Once you have the oil drained, twist up a wire so its around 12-18" long with a loop on the end, stick it inside the pan and drag the bottom back to the drain and see if you pull a bunch of gunk back to the drain hole, if you do, pull the pan and clean it up. Pull the pick-up tube for the pump off and clean it out along with the attached screen and re-install. Re-assemble the pan with a new gasket. Fill the crankcase with good grade dino oil and a new filter. Fire the truck up and see if you build pressure using the standard guage. If you have pressure, pull the standard guage and re-install the sending unit.
Re-fire the engine and check the inside pressure guage in the dash. If all is well up to this point, put a couple of cans of seafoam in the crankcase and run it around for a week. Drain the oil and refill with dino oil and seafoam and do it again. keep doing this until the oil is clean after a week. Continue to run that oil for a month, checking regularly for oil clarity and a burned smell. If all is well after a month, change over to RP again with a new filter. Run this oil checking daily for clarity and color. The synthetic will rapidly strip the gunk from the engine internals, and you really have to keep on top of it, or it will plug the screen. Once you have the internals clean again, the synthetic will keep them clean.

Quick Reply: No Oil Pressure on 2005 1500 4x4