3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

need advice on cam's

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 11:16 PM
~RAM~
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advice on cam's

I was wanting to cam my 5.7 an wanted to get some input on who to go with. An what it might cost installed or is it hard to do ur self. I don't kno much jus basics.
any info would be appreciated.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:26 PM
RubberFrog
Champion

What do you want it do? Stump puller, track star, fun streetable cam? QC or RC? Lifted, lowered, stock? 22's, 20's, 17's? What size tires? What kind of exhaust? Headers? Do you want to do heads to really set off a cam or stay stock? We need to know a lot more info because there is no "one" best cam.

Old 11-18-2008, 12:01 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2 door or 4 door? 4wd or 2wd? gear ratio? what mods do you already have? do you have a tuner like the SCT that can be custom tuned, or a canned tune like superchips? are we replacing springs and rocker gear or do you want something that will work with stock?

heres some cams to look at

http://www.krcperformance.com/krc/in...mart&Itemid=26

Old 11-18-2008, 01:30 PM
~RAM~
Amateur

Originally Posted by RubberFrog
What do you want it do? Stump puller, track star, fun streetable cam? QC or RC? Lifted, lowered, stock? 22's, 20's, 17's? What size tires? What kind of exhaust? Headers? Do you want to do heads to really set off a cam or stay stock? We need to know a lot more info because there is no "one" best cam.
Street an track QC stock 17s soon to be 22s, also 2/4 drop
Mods are. K & N cai,power wire,long tube headers to 2.5 inch pipes into 2x cherry bomb extreme, an diablo sport predator, need info on some gears also, its a 2wd never leaves the road.
I kinda wanna do heads later. Just a cam for now. I can tune the cam wit the predator.
Sorry I didn't include more lol.
Thanks
Mitch

Old 11-18-2008, 08:23 PM
Horseapples
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dis you look at the cams from KRC that I linked? these are good cams from guys that are well experienced in HEMI performance.

Quick Reply: need advice on cam's