3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

How Difficult Is It To Remove The Dashboard?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 09:01 AM
PM5K
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How Difficult Is It To Remove The Dashboard?

I know on my Grand Cherokee it's all one piece, and it's not designed to come off easily.

A friend of mine has an 02 Dodge Ram and the top of the dashboard is cracked in a couple of places, how difficult is it to remove the dashboard?

TIA

Old 11-21-2008, 10:08 AM
PM5K
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did some homework and dug up a service manual.

It looks like the service manual calls it the instrument panel/dash panel.

I know one of the cracks is in that top piece, in between the two a/c vents on the passenger side, and I believe the other is right in the middle of the panel.

From what I can tell it's not the hardest thing to do, but it is time consuming and does require the removal of a lot of other panels and parts including the steering wheel column, the floor console, a-pillars, etc.

I also found it's a common problem but didn't see a lot about fixing it, removal, how long it takes, etc.

Is all of this about right?

Any other light anyone can shed would be great.

Old 11-21-2008, 11:30 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I was just under my dash installing my remote start/alarm on my 2008. There's ALOT of screws you need to get to. I'm gonna go out on alimb and guess 5-6hours just for removal. Installation will probably be quicker because you'll know where all the stuff goes. When taking it apart, your not sure so you spend some time looking around.
Why not just throw one of those carpet mats up there? Won't it cover the cracks? They stop all that glare as well and only cost about $60 or so. Just a thought

Quick Reply: How Difficult Is It To Remove The Dashboard?