3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2008, 11:25 PM
bryced_d
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust

im going to put a new exhaust on my truck...just wondering what sounds better and gives the best results as far as power and torque on a hemi....i have been thinking flowmaster 40, or a gibson super truck...if anyone has sound clips of them they would help.....thanks

Old 11-21-2008, 11:30 PM
jkillman
Professional

Sound depends on what you like. If you like loudness, get a glasspack. I had flowmaster 44 dual outlet, and switched to summit glasspack and it was MUCH louder. And as much for performance, i heard magnaflow is pretty good. Forget flowmaster. Flowmasters mufflers are really constricting. My glasspack was 20bucks and got as good, if not better, than my flowmaster

Old 11-21-2008, 11:40 PM
jkillman
Professional

Heres the summit glasspack

Last edited by jkillman; 11-22-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Old 11-22-2008, 12:04 AM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Magnaflow. Nice tone, not too loud and flows almost twice as much as a 40 series Flowmaster. Magnaflow id also stainless and wont rust in 5 years like a Flowmaster aluminized will.

Old 11-22-2008, 05:24 AM
The Peddler
Record Breaker

Magnaflow!!!!!!!!

Old 11-22-2008, 09:46 AM
bryced_d
Rookie

the only thing with the magnaflow is that everyone around here has them on their trucks...and i want something different...thats why i was thinking about the gibson super truck...does anyone have a sound clip of it...i looked on youtube but the only ones i could find the guy was in a garage or the camera was too close...anyone have a good sound clip of it?

Old 11-22-2008, 01:31 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

The gibson super truck is really crackly and bubbly on the decel from what I have heard. Not a smooth sound at all.
I have magnaflow dual side exit and really like it. It's not too loud and has an aggressive tone. Both young and old like the tone. The only quirk I has, for the money that it cost for such a simple exhaust, they could have supported bigger exhaust tips. 3.5" is kinda small. I have them on My mustang. I wish they gave 4" as they appear noticeably larger! Other than that, My main concern was Stainlesss material so it won't look like crap and rust out in no time. Aluminized steel like the dronemasters use is mild steel and will rust out. Summit uses mild steel. Gibson I believe is Mild steel.

Quick Reply: exhaust