3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Instead of buying the new diablo predator, I bought this....???

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2008, 01:24 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Instead of buying the new diablo predator, I bought this....???

A friggin Christmas tree and it's not even Thanksgiving yet! WTF

I have put aside some fundage for the Predator so I can get rid of that MDS and have firmer shifts. Don't really care about the hp aspect of it.
However, it's getting close to that time and my wife has been buggin me for us to get an artificial Christmas tree instead of having needles all over the house and having the cat get up in the tree and get sap all over her like she has for the past 4yrs....lol Every year the cat gets up in the damn tree and gets sap alllllll over her. I actually got a tree so thick last year there was no way for her to get up in ther...wrong. I even tried some window screen. Nope.

We went to Boscov's to look at trees and we bought one. The friggin thing cost $340 with tax. It is nice though. very full and pre-lit. It came in 3 pieces all branches are on hinges. Worst of all, we got it home and she HAD to put it together!
I cannot say it money well spent because I'm sick of going out and cutting a tree down and then fighting with it in the house and up on the stand. It's much easier on me, so now.....I need to find some more monies to get me that tuner?

Last edited by dirtydog; 11-22-2008 at 11:47 AM.
Old 11-22-2008, 01:32 AM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dude, that tree would look SWEET setup in the bed of your Ram. and youd be the only one with that mod.

Old 11-22-2008, 01:44 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Originally Posted by OlDirtyJohn
dude, that tree would look SWEET setup in the bed of your Ram. and youd be the only one with that mod.

I have a power inverter I could run back there too!......lmao

Old 11-22-2008, 05:19 AM
The Peddler
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You should have wanted till after Christmas to buy the tree! My wife started about two years ago wanting a pre-lit tree, but I was not going to give $300 to $400 bucks for one. So last year I went out the day after Christmas and got a 8' tree with a 1000 lights for $39.95. That was sweeeeeeeeeet!!!!

Old 11-22-2008, 10:25 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

Yeah, unfortunately we went out last year looking but had no serious motivation after we searched 3 places and didn't find anything. I would price this particular tree to be worth about $100 for a legitamate figure. $299 plus tax is a little ridiculous but most were almost Charlie Brownish and chincy

Old 11-22-2008, 12:40 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Nice mod

Old 11-22-2008, 02:04 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

At least it was a "green" mod. The tree huggers will be happy

Old 11-23-2008, 12:31 AM
6 hemi ram
Professional

"the wife" spent last night putting the tree up last night. it is an artificial tree because i hate dealing with the probs that dirtydog stated above. it was a prelit that we bought after the christmas before last for $20. it retailed for $150 before xmas. we always buy our lights and stuff after a holiday for the next year cause the price is usually 1/4 what it was before. the only problem is that lights only seem to last for a year or two at most cause of the disposable chinese S**T. i better stop before i go off on the crap being sold today. anyway "the wife" put our tree up last night.

Old 11-23-2008, 01:01 AM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you going to have fun putting it all back in the box from which all your great joy was found.. I just leave mine in the bassment, all year round

Old 11-23-2008, 01:04 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator

The tree without lights was $100 cheaper. I said screw it and didn't want to deal with them. If they go, I'll just wrap the tree with light a suppose.

On the other hand, I checked into some funds and I sold some speakers that I pulled out of one of my cars and got $250. That's enough to give me the motivation to buy the new Diablo Predator. I'm gonna call up Monday and order me up my new toy. This is the pasrt where I refer to Quagmeyers saying "ooohhhllllll righhhhhhht"...lmao....giggiddy....lol Love Family Guy. Friggin hilarious.

Quick Reply: Instead of buying the new diablo predator, I bought this....???