3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Superchips programmers for 4.7

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 11:11 AM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

CURRENT TRUCK PAYMENT BALANCE - TRADE IN = AMOUNT TO APPLY TOWARDS NEW TRUCK (ATATNT)

NEW TRUCK + ATATNT = UPSIDE DOWN

In most cases trading in is NOT a viable solution to gain more HP. I know for some people it may be that simple... but the fact is, to trade in for an additional 75HP would end up costing $10,000+ bucks just in new truck payments alone over the course of the new loan.

Its funny how some people are like..."JUST TRADE IT IN FOR A HEMI" ... Yet they still drive their 1998 5.2L Ram...

Fact be told, it would be far cheaper to mod what you have... Sure you may never beat John Force in a drag race with your 4.7L but it can be modded to beat a HEMI with just bolt ons. And by keeping your current Ram you dont "EXTEND" your truck payment... so you pay off sooner... which means more money in your pocket.

Now if you have not purchased a RAM yet and are on the fence on weather to buy a 4.7L or 5.7L... Then I would have to say start with the 5.7L... Its a no brainier in my opinion. BUT if you already own what you have, it would be cheaper to mod what you have. Sure there are limitations, but you can still make decent HP for less then a trade.

Remember if you where to trade a 4.7L for a 5.7L, you would spend more money for a mear 75RWHP... If you wanted more then you would have to spend more money on top of what you already spent.

For what its worth... Its not always cheaper to trade in... actually in most cases you spend more money because you lose on your trade.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 11-25-2008, 10:07 PM
TRXHemi
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But right now, with the 50% off that a lot of dealers are doing on the 2008s, trading in may be a bonus! Around the Houston area, a lot of the dealers are doing half off the sticker. I was able to get into my truck for less than I was paying before with my car. A good deal, indeed. Of course, if you have heavily modified your truck, then you may not be able to remove all of that stuff.

Old 11-25-2008, 10:13 PM
WeightLifter500
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah but when I still have 60 months of payments I would probably be at a loss with trading in what I have towards a new truck.

Quick Reply: Superchips programmers for 4.7