3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

So I guess Headers are out of the Question :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2008, 10:27 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Headers are a piece of cake on the Hemi, do it yourself. Even though I welded mine, most headers now a days are bolt on (as are most after market exhausts).
You can get to EVERYTHING from underneath and inside the wheel wells with only having to remove the plastic well liners, tires can even stay on and actually make a nice little work bench.
I'd go for the ceramic coat, and not the cheesy factory one. Buy you headers in uncoated and unpainted stainless and find a good, local, reputable coating shop to coat them inside & out. If you don't know of a shop, ask the Harley owners, as they always know the chrome shops and most places that chrome plate also do ceramic coating. It only added about $125 to the cost of my LT's had I gotten them with the factory coat and the custom coat is 10x better. A few minutes after turning off the truck while the temp of my cats is still over 600 degrees, I can lay my hand on on the ceramic coated headers.

Name:  HPIM2946.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  66.5 KB

Old 11-27-2008, 08:15 AM
HankL
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

if you go ahead with the install from JBA
consider doing a
before and after test
for free using

http://www.bgsoflex.com/dyno.html

Old 11-28-2008, 11:29 AM
OlDirtyJohn
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hhmmm, maybe i will do the install myself.... what all would i need? just a torque wrench, basic hand tools and a jack w/stands? if i did that i would just have to take it in the get the new y pipe welded in... and i do have access to a lift, which might make the exhaust easier.

Quick Reply: So I guess Headers are out of the Question :(