3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Air Suspension! Can you have your cake and eat it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 04:11 PM
meridian
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air Suspension! Can you have your cake and eat it?

I've been thinking about this for a while. All this talk about lifting or lowering your suspension has it's pluses and minuses depending on which way you go. I was thinking about fitting four way adj air suspension on my Ram. I'm talking about being able to go aprox 2" lower from stock for improved cornering ability and handling and then 2" over stock for off road ability at the touch of a button! The rear would be four bar with no leaf springs and the front air bag with no torsion bar. Is there a kit out there available or am I on my own?

If I get too bored I could even drive it down to the local urban area and bounce up and down with the homies!

That last bit was a joke!

Old 12-06-2008, 06:23 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

You'll have tons of alignment issues with lowering and raising the front like that. Also, the rear has leaf springs which won't allow any extra movement other than natural flex.
Your on your own with that one.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:39 PM
justanothermoparman
Veteran

I've seen one on a 1500 chev at the Salt Lake Autorama. It went from 2" below and 8" above, but i do think it was custom. when he would lower it and raise it it looked like caster and camber stayed notmal.

Old 12-06-2008, 06:40 PM
meridian
Professional

I was thinking on those lines but just needed someone to confirm it. Thank you. Hey how do the Mexicans get away with it?

Also Citroen does it on their Diane and BX models. I used to have a BX Turbo diesel and it was fun going up and down on the fly! The steering never changed!

Last edited by meridian; 12-06-2008 at 06:52 PM.
Old 12-06-2008, 09:48 PM
08DodgeTRX
Professional

If you have to go with a custom 4 link you could just use this kit for the controls and bags, etc..

http://www.offroadonly.com/products/.../airock1.shtml

Quick Reply: Air Suspension! Can you have your cake and eat it?