3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Hunter Bull Bar Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 11:13 PM
SFC Nut
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hunter Bull Bar Question

Hello all,

Well, I'm new to this forum and have a couple of questions regarding a hunter bull bar for a 2005 1500 Ram Quad Cab SLT. Does anyone have some good pictures of one installed from all angles, mainly the sides and the mounts? Also, was the installation instructions from ebay a pain in the a$$?

I just purchased another bar, and am actually not going to install it, I'm being picky, I know, but I changed my mind after trying to put it on the truck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AIT&viewitem=

This is the one I purchased, and again am just not really thrilled about it. I need to be honest I guess. If anyone out there likes this particular one and wants to work a deal with me, please do, I have no idea how to explain to the wife why I will have two boxes sitting on the garage floor with two bars and only one truck

Thanks,
Nut

Old 12-10-2008, 11:16 PM
justntexas07
Veteran

I would actually be interested but I have an 07.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:22 PM
TheBaker
Professional

same here, i'd be interested but mines an 08.

Old 12-10-2008, 11:47 PM
SFC Nut

I should also add, the bar is black. I seemed to have left that one out. Again, the bull bar I am looking to sell is one from APS products. Good solid bar, just not what I was after. I am however really interested to see a hunter bull bar installed. I'm dying to get my lights on it and out on the road

Nut

Old 12-10-2008, 11:55 PM
Grey-Ghost
Professional

how bout this one aluminum 28lbs or steel 44lbs puts some lights and a winch oh yeah and u can move stuff out of ur way with this one

Old 12-10-2008, 11:58 PM
SFC Nut

Not really the look I am after, but for functionality, I give it kudos

Nut

Old 12-11-2008, 12:15 AM
ried69
Record Breaker

It's a nice looking one, but I dunno. I want to have the functionality of one as opposed to solely for looks. It seems like a nice price for the size of it though...

Old 01-08-2013, 07:18 PM
jlm77

i just installed a hunter bull bar on a 06 ram 1500 lil pain in the *** but wasnt to bad only prob i came across its off about a half inch from one side to the other if you plan on putting it on u gotta mount the brackets on the outside of the frame rails...... if anyone knos how to straighten the bull bar out from being a half inch off from one to the next hope this info helps you out

Old 01-08-2013, 07:26 PM
jlm77

Originally Posted by SFC Nut
Hello all,

Well, I'm new to this forum and have a couple of questions regarding a hunter bull bar for a 2005 1500 Ram Quad Cab SLT. Does anyone have some good pictures of one installed from all angles, mainly the sides and the mounts? Also, was the installation instructions from ebay a pain in the a$$?

I just purchased another bar, and am actually not going to install it, I'm being picky, I know, but I changed my mind after trying to put it on the truck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...%3AIT&viewitem=

This is the one I purchased, and again am just not really thrilled about it. I need to be honest I guess. If anyone out there likes this particular one and wants to work a deal with me, please do, I have no idea how to explain to the wife why I will have two boxes sitting on the garage floor with two bars and only one truck

Thanks,
Nut
just installed hunter bull bar on a 06 1500 gotta mount the brackets on the outside of the frame the only prob im coming across is that the bar isnt staright across its off by a half inch not sure how to straighten it out

Quick Reply: Hunter Bull Bar Question