3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

2008 Hemi HELP ASAP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 08:18 PM
Oops
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 Hemi HELP ASAP!!!!!

Ok so here is the deal. My buddy got stuck off road. I went to pull him out. He was driving stock cherokee, me in stock '08 Ram with Hemi. Went through puddle on way to get him, my truck cuts off. Puddle was only foot and half deep. I have been in this hole before. I have checked all of the ignition fuses, battery, starter. Still will not start. It has been sitting two days, So I assume it is dried out now. I need help!!! What is wrong with it, why won't it start? When you turn it over, it just clicks. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thinking it may be hydrolocked, but sure doesnt seem right. Did not go through that deep of water.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:25 PM
04QC4X4
Captain

That sucks. Sounds like you may have a short somewhere. Maybe someone around here will have a good idea of what it may be.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:12 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Can you say "WARRANTY"?

But a word of advice, even though there is no way they should deny you and you did nothing to warrant it, don't use the words "off-road" and "water hole" when you bring it in...

Old 12-14-2008, 09:52 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Yea, this sounds familiar...

If you really want to know if it is water in the engine pull the plugs and see if it turns over. Or drain the oil and see if any water is in there.

When you went through this puddle, did you idle through it or did you plunge into it?

Did it spit and sputter or did it just cut off?

Old 12-14-2008, 10:01 PM
Oops

It will not turn over. We have pulled all of the plugs and everything. No it wasn't hole that could be idled through, but at a stand still, the hole was no deeper than 3/4 way up the tire. I have pulled the starter and it still turns when key is turned, but when put back it, its like the motor won't turn. Just a click.

Quick Reply: 2008 Hemi HELP ASAP!!!!!