3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Confused about radio

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 02:09 PM
J Will
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confused about radio

I want to put an in-dash dvdplayer and nav system but on my truck they have the cut our for the **** that control the station and volume. When i swap out the system wont there be holes there? Is there a kit i can buy to get rid of that and to fit the indasd unit?

Old 12-18-2008, 02:47 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

they make blankoffs for that. but they do not look very good in my opinion. they also make the navigation bezels that do not have those half cirle cutouts. like this which i think would be the way to go
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge...Q5fAccessories

Old 12-19-2008, 02:28 AM
yhike
Professional

I bought the same thing on that is on the ebay link for 115.00 from the dealer and I was able to pick it up the same day.

Mopar part number 1-5KS701DHAB

Old 12-19-2008, 11:13 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by yhike
I bought the same thing on that is on the ebay link for 115.00 from the dealer and I was able to pick it up the same day.

Mopar part number 1-5KS701DHAB

My dealer charged me $126 plus tax and was able to get it the next day.

Also, That part number is only good for your specific color interior. Dark Khaki I believe is what that part number is for. There is also Gray that is used for the Ram's interior.

Another thing, you will need an antenna adapter and pigtail connector for speaker wires. I opted not to buy the $80 Canbus adapter for the Navi unit and just hard wired up the power/ground/acc.power The speaker wire harness can be bought at local parts store for $10. If you have the Infinity Sound, you will need to by the Canbus adapter. Check Crutchfield for that and use it for reference. Just don't buy anything from that ripoff mart!

Last edited by dirtydog; 12-19-2008 at 11:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Confused about radio