3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Custom rip out and cusom subwoofer box put in question

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 11:25 PM
Kevno6
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You could get the grommet off the door, but I didn't find that out till I talked to an installer. The problem is you can get the wire through the front doors but you can't do the back unless use use the smallest speaker wire there is. I did the dirty deed of drilling a hole in the door and the body. Touched it up, used a little friction tape and loom and voila.

Old 12-24-2008, 09:44 AM
froto'sride
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

while i am waiting to afford the hex components and amps I figured i'd make stock sound as good as I could and so I removed the factory amp and spliced each channel together. This was probably the hardest thing i have ever done on the interior of the can and i am prety sure that the amp was put in before the dash was mounted up but that doesn't mean a drunk'n redneck can't get it out..and so i did.

Old 12-24-2008, 12:43 PM
Ridinhigh
All Star

i hear it is just easier to forget about the amp and just add another one somewere else in the truck but i like to keep it as simple as possible and run as little wire as i can

Old 12-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Kevno6
Veteran

When I got my truck the infinity amp had a channel in the infinity amp so not really knowing anything about putting in a new system I read up on how to do it and how to match everything. I took out infinity amp and I ended up buying some good stuff and some low end stuff and actually came up with a decent system. That was in 2004and was good until this year when my radio started to crap out. That is when my wife let me buy a whole new system for it and let me get everything I needed to do it right. I was going to have someone install it for me but didn't want to spend the $500 to have it done and knew I could do it. My brother is now in Iraq and will be home in June and has ordered and sent to me all the same components for his 1999 Durango that I will help him install when he gets home.

Quick Reply: Custom rip out and cusom subwoofer box put in question