3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

philips vision plus

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 06:15 AM
287cc
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default philips vision plus

Has anybody installed the philips vision plus 9007 or 9006 bulbs? I have the philips hi-visibility bulbs and they work great. i just wanted to get more light out of the headlamps and fog lamps since the vision plus are 50% brighter than stock and the hi-visibility are only 30% brighter than stock. Any feedback on vision plus bulbs would be helpful.

Old 02-16-2005, 03:15 AM
Mixitup98
Default RE: philips vision plus

I haven't heard of the vision plus bulbs. but i also wanted to get more light out of my head lamps and fog lights. I opted to go with bulbs from Sylvania called "Silver Star" i have heard they are really great, and give a white light. I will tell you if they are any good once they arrive.

Old 02-16-2005, 11:52 PM
287cc
Veteran
Default RE: philips vision plus

I actually had the silverstars and for me they gave the same amount of light output as the stock(length and width) but in white. I would recommend the philips hi-visibility since they do shoot out more brightness farther and wider than stock and the color is very
noticable in the headlamps. For the fog lamps go with orsam silverstars 9006 (same company as sylvania but is the European version) they shoot out 50% more light and in white or the philips vision plus 50% also . They dont make the orsam silverstars in 9007 since the UK cars dont use this bulb. They are about $30.00 free international shipping.
Here is the web page www.powerbulbs.com. Look at the difference in the bulb no blue tint as with U.S silverstars. This will give more light. Another problem with sylvania silverstars is people complained of the life of the bulb for most it is 1 month to a year. For the vision plus bulbs you can order at www.aidauto.com. The hi-visibility bulbs you can get at kmart or autoparts stores for about $20.00 with the tax included. This site will have everything you need to know about aftermarket bulbs www.danielsternlighting.com this guy knows his stuff.

Hope all this helps

BTW these bulbs wont damage your wiring

Quick Reply: philips vision plus