3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

OEM Radio switch question on MegaCab??

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 06:13 PM
muskyram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Radio switch question on MegaCab??

HI Guys I'm new to this I just bought a 2009 Megacab with a stock REF(single cd) radio (with stock 4 speaker system) and am wanting to remove iot and switch out to a RAQ (6cd Oem radio) and am wondering I this can be done easily? Some shops I'm talking to question if the RAQ is built only for the Infinity speaker system (and its expensive wiring harness...)for the RAQ radio, but they're not sure Does anyone Know?

Any response greatly appreciated!!

THANKS!!!

Old 12-26-2008, 07:16 PM
sos
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just did the exact same thing in my 08 QC and it was very easy. Just pulled the bezel off, pulled the old radio off, and plugged the new one in. All I had to do beyond that was set the time and presets. I do have the infinity system, but I don't think the RAQ requires it. The REF worked with my Infinity and it works without it in yours so I think it wouldn't matter on the RAQ either.

Last edited by sos; 12-26-2008 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:08 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I did the switch without the Infinity system and it worked fine. Just plug and play.
The RAQ works with or without the Infinity system.

Quick Reply: OEM Radio switch question on MegaCab??