3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

difference between flaspack and Cortex

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 06:15 PM
ramhunter9
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default difference between flaspack and Cortex

they are bolth superchips products and from reading the stuff off the site cant pin point the differences besides price?? anyone use the cortex??? looking to but one but dont know the difference maby someone who has had one or the other can chime in

Old 12-28-2008, 08:15 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

anyone??

Old 12-28-2008, 09:32 PM
fox_racer627
Rookie

Can't remeber the difference right off hand, but I was looking through and comparing all of the programmers about a month ago and almost got the Cortex. I settled on the Diablosport Predator and I am VERY impressed with it. Everyone talked about how much better it was than the superchips and I decided to take the plunge and get it. Unless you just have to have superchips, I would really recommend the predator. Sorry if this isnt what your looking for but I am still amazed at the difference this thing made for me...

Old 12-28-2008, 10:16 PM
ramhunter9
Banned

Originally Posted by fox_racer627
Can't remeber the difference right off hand, but I was looking through and comparing all of the programmers about a month ago and almost got the Cortex. I settled on the Diablosport Predator and I am VERY impressed with it. Everyone talked about how much better it was than the superchips and I decided to take the plunge and get it. Unless you just have to have superchips, I would really recommend the predator. Sorry if this isnt what your looking for but I am still amazed at the difference this thing made for me...
what differences have you seen. and did you own a superchips

Old 12-28-2008, 10:59 PM
AIR RAM
All Star
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been unable to pin point the difference myself....

From what I heard from others is the cortex may be used between other vehicles... should you sell your Ram for a CHEVY... you could upload the chevy tune to it.... apparantly you can swap it 3 times... Not sure if that's true or not... but like I said... I really don't know.

Please post up if you find something...because their site does NOTHING to help.

SPEED SAFE, AIR RAM

Old 12-28-2008, 11:08 PM
fox_racer627
Rookie

Sorry ahead of time for the length:

I have not owned a superchips so I can't say one or the other is better. I installed the Predator with the 93 octane tune and adjusted my speedometer to my larger tires. The first thing i noticed was when the truck started up, it revved a little higher. Then the idle rpm and the throttle response. When I backed out of my driveway and then put it in drive, the trans shifted alot firmer and the truck shifted from 1-2 a little later than it normally does (don't remeber the exact numbers). Then I got on a two lane road and floored it. this is the biggest difference. Before I knew it, I was doing 90 and it actually scared me a little bit because i didnt shift out of first til around 5800 rpm! This thing was wound up! It also pulled alot harder and felt like it would keep pulling hard till I told it to stop. I was amazed that it made that much of a difference. I was a little skeptical at first, thinking, oh it wont make that much of a difference, but it made my truck feel like a whole new truck. I also noticed a difference in gas mileage (suprisingly). I was floorin it all the time, just stunned at the power and I was drainin gas like if I was driving regularly. I usually get around 245 miles on the 1/4 tank mark driving regularly and so far I've gotten 300 and im just starting to creep up onto the 1/4 mark (and this was with me floorin it all the time). I advanced the timing 3 degrees and have noticed better acceleration and throttle response, but Im probly goin to put it back down to keep everything on the safe side. I also loved how i could plug it into the computer and it would show all my engines activities as they happened. It was really impressive.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:10 AM
ramhunter9
Banned

sorry ahead of time for the length:

I have not owned a superchips so i can't say one or the other is better. I installed the predator with the 93 octane tune and adjusted my speedometer to my larger tires. The first thing i noticed was when the truck started up, it revved a little higher. Then the idle rpm and the throttle response. When i backed out of my driveway and then put it in drive, the trans shifted alot firmer and the truck shifted from 1-2 a little later than it normally does (don't remeber the exact numbers). Then i got on a two lane road and floored it. This is the biggest difference. Before i knew it, i was doing 90 and it actually scared me a little bit because i didnt shift out of first til around 5800 rpm! This thing was wound up! It also pulled alot harder and felt like it would keep pulling hard till i told it to stop. I was amazed that it made that much of a difference. I was a little skeptical at first, thinking, oh it wont make that much of a difference, but it made my truck feel like a whole new truck. I also noticed a difference in gas mileage (suprisingly). I was floorin it all the time, just stunned at the power and i was drainin gas like if i was driving regularly. I usually get around 245 miles on the 1/4 tank mark driving regularly and so far i've gotten 300 and im just starting to creep up onto the 1/4 mark (and this was with me floorin it all the time). I advanced the timing 3 degrees and have noticed better acceleration and throttle response, but im probly goin to put it back down to keep everything on the safe side. I also loved how i could plug it into the computer and it would show all my engines activities as they happened. It was really impressive.
thanks for that very informative

Old 12-29-2008, 10:37 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry ahead of time for the length:

When I backed out of my driveway and then put it in drive, the trans shifted alot firmer and the truck shifted from 1-2 a little later than it normally does (don't remeber the exact numbers). .
Last I heard there is no trans control at this point for 04 Hemi Rams. Has that changed since I last looked into the Predator because if you are getting trans control I would like to know about it. Might want to get one if it can control my trans like it is controlling your shifting.

Old 12-29-2008, 09:21 PM
fox_racer627
Rookie

You cannot actually set the shift points manually yet for the 04 or 03 but the shift points are automatically altered in the performance tune.

Quick Reply: difference between flaspack and Cortex