3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Bully Dog P-1410 Reverse Backing Alert System Wireless Problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 08:40 PM
KingBDS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Bully Dog P-1410 Reverse Backing Alert System Wireless Problem

I have 2 issues with installing a Bully Dog Premium Series P-1410 Reverse Backing Alert System. I started to install the screen and siren, I took off the reading light, thermometer, and compass housing. I connected the wiring to the reading light wires for power. I connected the red wire from the BD system to the Grey/Red (key on power wire) wire using the snap locks that came with the system and the black wire from the BD system to the Black/White wire for the reading lamp. The lamps still work but the power is not coming on, on the bully dog system and the thermostat/compass are not working at all now. Those wires are not even connected to the reading lamp wires so i can not figure out why that is not working. I was on the way to installing the sensors and the housing but there is no dry place to install the housing (directions show a trunk, does not help in my case), any ideas of how to seal the housing propertly so it will never get wet.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:04 AM
nim81
Record Breaker
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would suggest calling the manufacturer for tech support.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:45 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

I would reccomend putting the housing in a ziplock bag and taping it up for starters or depending on the size of it, you could probably buy a waterproff camera case and stick it inside here and just drill a hole and put a rubber grommet and run the wires out of it.

Their stuff isn't that great to begin with so you will have to compromise. Those are the only solutions I can offer. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Bully Dog P-1410 Reverse Backing Alert System Wireless Problem