3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

MDS, Advantages/Disadvantages

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 09:06 AM
nickahern1
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it is a programmer. same as the superchips but a different brand. being able to diasble MDS is just one of the many benefits of having it. you can choose between 3 pre-made tunes to program your truck with. from economy-performance. You shouldnt mess anything up because the 3 tunes in the programmers are safe even up to the max settings. the bets investment you will probably make to your truck is the tuner.

Old 01-09-2009, 11:48 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by oneluv912
I'm looking into disabling the MDS on my truck. Is the predator the cheapest way to do it? I've never used something like that. Is it pretty easy to use or will I mess something up. Are there more benifits to using a predator other than disabling the MDS system. I will do a little more research myself. Also is it something that plugs in and stays in or do you plug it in do your thing then unplug it and put it away? Thanks for the help guys.
Here's some information on it from Diablo:
http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...isplay&pid=118

Old 01-10-2009, 12:59 AM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by nickahern1
it is a programmer. same as the superchips but a different brand. being able to diasble MDS is just one of the many benefits of having it. you can choose between 3 pre-made tunes to program your truck with. from economy-performance. You shouldnt mess anything up because the 3 tunes in the programmers are safe even up to the max settings. the bets investment you will probably make to your truck is the tuner.
I wouldn't say all that. If you pull all the fuel it lets you and add all the timing you'll more than likely have some problems...but no one would do that....or would they??

Old 01-10-2009, 12:19 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

i would hope nobody would do that. i geuss i meant to say if a reasonably intelligent indivudal even with slight engine tuning knowhow sets it up to the max efficiency it he/she can get out of it there SHOULD be no problems haha. does that work better for you?? i geuss i was little vague and should always describe things in a way that you know if you should be tuning your own engine or not haha. some people just shouldnt touch there vehicle at all. I firmly believe if you do no tknow how an engine works and the basics you shouldnt even be given a license. like my gf has no idea just drives it has no idea of maintenenc eother than me doing it all. its terrible

Old 01-10-2009, 12:28 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by nickahern1
i would hope nobody would do that. i geuss i meant to say if a reasonably intelligent indivudal even with slight engine tuning knowhow sets it up to the max efficiency it he/she can get out of it there SHOULD be no problems haha. does that work better for you?? i geuss i was little vague and should always describe things in a way that you know if you should be tuning your own engine or not haha. some people just shouldnt touch there vehicle at all. I firmly believe if you do no tknow how an engine works and the basics you shouldnt even be given a license. like my gf has no idea just drives it has no idea of maintenenc eother than me doing it all. its terrible
Yea I hear ya. I saw a guy put the rattle grease that comes with brake pads actually on the braking surface of the pad and rotor face...so yea I don't put anything past anyone

Old 01-10-2009, 12:32 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

**** that grease doesnt go on the rotors ANd the pads??? no wonder i cant stop.
you can pick out the guys that know nothing at the parts stores? they always look puzzled even if they are looking at air freshners.