3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

got them Coopers

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 01:10 AM
pcollins
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im getting my Cooper Zeons tomorrow! I cant wait. I will post up some pics once I get home.

Old 12-31-2008, 01:37 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 19 Likes on 9 Posts

Sweet. Welcome to the club. You'll love'em. The most exciting money you'l spend....lol

Old 12-31-2008, 04:13 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

OK Feej we kept this damn thread going without you long enough! Feedback on the tires???

Old 12-31-2008, 06:44 PM
Scorpio_08_HEMI
Rookie
Default Price

Bosley Tire in Wichita, Ks. quoted me $975 and said that was discounted.

Old 01-01-2009, 06:13 PM
pcollins
Veteran

As promised, here are the pics of the Cooper Zeon LTZ 275/60 set I got yesterday. I found a guy selling them on craigslist, of all places. He had them on a Silverado for less than 6 months, with more than 3/4 tread, and was getting rid of them because he was doing a lift to the truck and it required bigger tires.

I got them from him + mounting and balancing at 4 Wheel Parts for $450 out the door. Happy New Year to me.

I drove about 100 miles to get them (Tucson, AZ) so I had some time to test them out on the way home. Oh my god. What a tire. The road noise is there, but not half as bad as some BFG TKO's my dad had in the past. Afterall they are an AT tire. The first light I came to, I tried to get them to squeal off the line, but I could not do it! These things grip like no other. They make the GY HP's look like a sock, not a shoe.

I am SO happy I listened to everyone on these boards and went with this tire. I am taking them up north this weekend, (Yes, we DO actually get snow in Arizona!), to go snowboarding. I cant wait to see how they handle on packed and soft snow. I will give an update after the trip.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:38 PM
hemidel
Professional

I've had the cooper zeon ltz's since feb. 2008 and have been very satisfied. Before these, i had cooper discoverer atr's and they were a joke. With the zeon ltz's, i rarely have to use 4wd in places that I needed it. They kick *** in the sand. I can't say to much about the mud. When trailing or small climing, they are awesome..... I would advise anybody that has the money to buy them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-01-2009, 08:04 PM
Got_Hemi44
Record Breaker

I'm getting mine for free

Old 01-01-2009, 11:40 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

I'm now kinda leaning towards getting these tires. How do you think that these tires would look in the 33s with a 2-2.5" leveling kit? If I could save some money, I might be able to get the tires + the bull bar I want. I'm just not sure if I exactly like how they look.

Old 01-02-2009, 11:44 PM
xfeejayx
3rd gen Ram, Newbies

aight, i'm back. and so is my internet.

first impression, great all around tire!! but compound is a bit on the hard side.

don't expect this to be amazing at any one thing though. It gave me some trouble on some roads that were plowed, but still had a layer of packed snow/ice, probably cuz the tire is very hard. I had some trouble getting moving when on some ice covered with 4" of snow in 2wd (open rear diff). Road noise went up a little bit, can here them 'whining' a bit at highway speed, but it's nothing serious at all, turn the radio on and you won't even notice.

the good: I drove up and down roads covered with ice at what felt like a near 30 degree angle, felt completely comfortable passing people in the snow covered left lane on the highway, and had no trouble stopping in snow/ice (all in 4wd). Wet driving feels greatly improved. I no longer embarrass myself spinning a tire at a light, getting off the gas and putting it in 4wd to get moving. the tires hook up plenty well, as long as you're not trying to break them loose.

and they look great. the truck looks and feels like a truck now. truck tires are going to be expensive, and the $800 pricetag came suddenly at a very inopportune time for me, but safety is priority, and for that these tires are well worth the money.

Quick Reply: got them Coopers