3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

True Flow CAI

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 08:58 AM
07Hemi696
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up True Flow CAI

I bought my truck in 07 and resarched CAI's, exhaust and tuners on DF with all of your help. I settled on the True Flow XDI. I installed it and was extremely happy with it until a week ago. I removed the canister and filter to clean it and I noticed a crack along one of the welds where the brace is attached. I went ahead and cleaned it up and reinstalled it since my truck is my daily driver. After I was done I went in and emailed True Flow about my problem. Shortly thereafter I got an email from the Regional Sales Manager. He asked me to email him some photos of the cannister. I sent them to him and about a week later UPS dropped off a new cannister. I don't know anyone at True Flow and I have never ordered anything from them before my intake. I just wanted to let everyone know what great customer service they have. In this day and age I think it says alot.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:25 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Companies that take care of their customers need to be put out there. Its great to hear they took care of you and even better to see you take the time to put it out there on DF for tons of people to read.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:27 AM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm pretty sure TruFlow warranties their products for life against any defetcs. I had their set-up on my Cobra. Nice looking stuff, got pretty hot but i sprayed it with Caliper paint that had a ceramic base to it and it cooled it off a little. Still was very warm to the touch.

Old 12-30-2008, 09:35 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, good customer service is getting harder & harder to find these days. I never liked their setup when I got my K&N, it retained the stock air box and basically just replaced filter & tube.
But the newer XDi series looks good though. I especially like that they use a dry filter. I always worry about over-oiling my K&N's, although I've been using them for about 15 years now. and gunking up a sensor...

Quick Reply: True Flow CAI