3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

un even tail pipes re hang?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 01:45 PM
nemesisprogram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default un even tail pipes re hang?

I had a friend of mine install my 40 series dual exhaust for free so I could not really complain of a half *** job, but now I am wondering if I can fix it because I want to put 3 1/2 inch tips on them. They come down a little farther then most of the ones I see and the left one is little bent out of place. So If I take it to a shop will they just remove the hangers and re weld new ones?

Old 01-01-2009, 02:00 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yup or spend a little more than the shop is gonna rape you for and get a little 110v Mig welder and do it yourself. Very good models sell for under $350 and are plenty to do any project you could ever have. You only need a 220v unit for bigger commercial work. Then you can fix anything around the house, yard or truck in the future for nuthin'.
A mig is so friggin' easy to use you could teach yourself on some scrap metal in an afternoon. To us old farts who learned with stick welders, it's like cheating...

Quick Reply: un even tail pipes re hang?