3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06' Hemi has no fuel filter?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 12:35 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NV290
All vehicles have screens (or "socks") in the fuel tank to catch the larger particles and keep them out of the pumps, but then there would always be another filter that filtered down to a few microns to keep anything out of the injectors. Every GM and Ford i have owned had one either under the vehicle inside the frame or in the engine compartment. Like i said, this is the first vehilce i have come across in 3+ years driving as well as working on cars that did not have a fuel filter.

I don't care what Dodge says, not having a fuel filter that is easily accessed and replaced is STUPID. Show me some sort of data that claims not having one helps things? It's really no surprise anymore that the American car industry is in the toilet. I just picked up my 06' from the dealer tonight after it had the tie rod ends replaced under warranty. 35,000 miles on a 1500 that has never been taken off road or plowed needing front end work is sad to say the least. My buddy has an 05' Turbo Diesel and he has to date spent $3,200 on fron end work.

Check out my other thread about my keyless remotes. I was told by my dealer that it's "Normal" that they only work half the time.

This is the final straw for me and Chrysler.
look on the 2ndgen truck site. All of those trucks only had the screen on the fuel pump and that is it. There are many trucks over there with well over 200,000 miles on them and they have not had a problem with the screen on the pump. Is it odd? Yes, it is very different, but with out having the fuel filter to worry about that is just one less thing to have to maintain. I do not think that there is anything beneficial about the not having an inline filter, but it is certainly not hurting anything.

Old 01-07-2009, 12:55 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by JR 06
Like it has been said. When there is a thread about driveability issues due to a stopped up fuel filter I will worry about it. Until then it seems like chrysler knows what they're doing.
In my time that I spent in the garage, over half of the fuel related issue's were with poor gas and BAD FUEL FILTERS! I don't care what vehicle it is, but that's going to be the same regardless.
Any vehicle that has a fuel related problem I gurantee that statistics if any have been taken will show that the majority is due to poor gas and/or bad or plugged fuel filter.
Happens ALL THE TIME!!!

Old 01-07-2009, 06:43 PM
lxman1
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

As long as I have a lifetime powertrain warranty, I'm not gonna sweat it.

Quick Reply: 06' Hemi has no fuel filter?