3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Montana Tire dealers ???

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 08:58 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by nickahern1
try other brands. Toyo is a great brand there toyo open coyntry at is awesome. handles snow,rain and even mud pretty good. also has a aggressive tread pattern that is quiet on the highway. i got 4 toyos for my 20 inch rims for $under $1000 installed. I have gone the BFG route on past trucks and hated every set i have ever owned. other great tires are cooper ltz,nitto terra grappler,mickey thompson baja atz and dick cepeck fun country II.... i also had goodyear wranglers for stock tires on my truck and found they were the WORST tire i have ever had on ANY vehicle ive owned. shop around online you will find way better tires out there than the stock bfg or goodyears.

why would you have to lie to border patrol? just come down buy and install them here and go back. they wouldnt even know. if they ask why new tires say you got a flat while in the US and had to have it fixed. no laws broken there.
Canada Customs are the problem, I'm good to go any where in the Untited States, But Its a fight with Canada Customs every time I cross back into Canada, *** holes almost tore my truck apart on my last Trip To Great Falls.

Canada Customs adds 5% GST, + Alberta Tire Tax If you tell them you bought Tires in the States, Any items not made in Canada, United States or mexico face a import tax, If you spend 3 days in the States you can bring back more items duty free.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:15 PM
we_the_unforgiven
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No sales tax in MT. Maybe you can roll through the port without them seeing your pickups new shoes...

Old 01-08-2009, 09:20 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Id let you stay at my place if you care...Bismarck, ND. Bad thing is im in a new house and have an unfinished basement. You would have to sleep on my livingroom floor.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:30 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker

Thats what I'm thinking... buy Smokes ( don't Smoke ) A Flat Of Bud and buy some jeans at Wallmart,.. Get the new skins dirty and head back....I'm going to check out Shelby or Cutbank for Tire stores, if not Greatfalls.

To be on the safe side, Canadians should buy a tire brand that is also sold in Canada, Kinda hard to argue with Canada Customs your Tires were bought in Canada when thier Less Schawb specials..

Old 01-08-2009, 09:36 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by semigod
Id let you stay at my place if you care...Bismarck, ND. Bad thing is im in a new house and have an unfinished basement. You would have to sleep on my livingroom floor.

Never been to Bismarck ND, Not exactly a day trip for my self and I hate driving threw Saskatchwin Great falls is a to 7 hour drive from Calgary Depending on whats going on at the boarder.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:08 AM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

less schawb specials???

Old 01-09-2009, 12:46 PM
lost_trail

Big O Tires. 21 states (Montana included, Kalispel, Missoula, Bozeman; I'm a native Montanan) and parts of western Canada.

We have been running Big O brand "Big Foot" for years on all our vehicles, 2WD & 4WD. Nationwide warranty, free rotation, free flat repair, and we have had great luck with them. Never had any last less than 55k miles, even on the 2 Superduty's I've had. Had one set go 80K on wife's Expedition 4WD and another 75k on Superduty 4x4.
I'd suggest calling a few places and asking about warranty, service, etc.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:34 PM
we_the_unforgiven
Veteran
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nickahern1
less schawb specials???
Les Schwab is a Canadian tire store

Old 01-09-2009, 01:54 PM
dodgenitto
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by cyclone429
I need to replace the BFG on my 06 2500, Tire prices in Calgary are a little insane. Also looking to get away for a weekend, Billings, great falls, ect, hell, even Sandpoint, Spokane are options.

I'm leaning towards Nitros, Can any one put in a good word for a tire dealer?

I used to work in Spokane WA and Coeur d' Alene ID at Alton's Tire. They are the largest tire dealer in north east Washington and north Idaho. When I worked there they would wheel and deal just to get your business. I would get a quote from www.discounttiredirect.com and bring it in and they will beat that price!

Old 01-09-2009, 11:19 PM
cyclone429
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by we_the_unforgiven
Les Schwab is a Canadian tire store
Really??? Did not know that.... See advertising on Spokane cable when I do decide to watch TV.. Never Seen a Less Schwab in Canada.

Quick Reply: Montana Tire dealers ???