3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

06 1500 megacab laramie dash removal

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Stellar_D
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 06 1500 megacab laramie dash removal

Hey all,

thought i'd post the link here as I would guess this section gets more traffic. Having a hard time removing the dash (the center console more specifically)

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/audio-v...removal-2.html

sorry if this is against the rules, i'm just in a hurry to get the dash off so i can install my parrot and stuff.

thanks

Old 01-10-2009, 06:23 PM
nickahern1
Record Breaker

there is two screws in it. if you have the fkip down cup holder, flip it down and youll feel there is 2 screws up behind where the cig lighter is and on the other side up near the 12v power supply plug. kind of apain to get to but youll see them. then gently pull straight out and it will come right off. be carefull not to pull too hard as all the wires dont have much slack. if you have the center console with bucket seats and no middle seat, you have to pop out the cup holders and there is 2 screws and then pop the bottom of the console out. then follow the above steps. its pretty easy to get off. if for any reason you cant find them PM me and i can help you more.

Old 01-11-2009, 02:33 PM
Stellar_D
Rookie

I don't have the flip down cup holders, I've the floor console like in the first picture of that thread. I did figure it out though:

The piece with the cup holders and storage bins comes right off with clips as suspected (and stated throughout the forums). the trouble was the clips werent budging at the back of the bezel near the center console. i used a flathead from inside the lower compartment of the center console to disengage the clips. voila. she popped off. next i took off the bottom piece of the floor console, then moved my way up the dash. lots of digging yeesh! my chevy took 15 minutes to take appart, pull something out and put back together again.

Quick Reply: 06 1500 megacab laramie dash removal