3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Diablo or superchips???

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 09:02 AM
SUNBURSTKID
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Superchips Tom
I talked with the Dodge team this morning and it looks like the TB relearn will be released this week along with a host of other things... most, unfortunately, won't be of interest to the Hemi truck gang.

The Dodge team has been spending much of the past few weeks addressing the changes you've already seen along with other projects including (1) a Cummins programming improvement, (2) tuning Arrington's 500 hp 426 Hemi, (3) resolving some field programming bugs with early 4.7L Dakota and Durango, and (5) wrapping up our all-new Jeep Flashpaq for 4.0L and 3.8L Wrangler [along with Grand Cherokee, Commander, and the boxy XJ Cherokee]. Compounding matters... a wicked flu bug came through central FL knocking our team out for a few days.

As soon as we get the Jeep work behind us we'll be focusing on some Hemi-specific features like the ones Sil mentioned. We'll also accelerate our '09 Hemi work and our 6.1L work.

I apologize for this prolonged new feature introduction because I know you guys are excited about these upcoming features and you've been very patient with us. I will try to keep you 'in the loop' on progress and have instructed Scott to post progress reports so you can Stay Tuned.

In the meantime I will continue to monitor and participate in forums as much as I can. I truly appreciate your feedback and candor.

Regards,

Tom Bennett
Are you guys working on a tuner for a srt4 Dodge Caliber??
My sis just bought one and im curious to see how much power it can make!!

Old 03-04-2009, 09:09 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

A few of you have asked about torque management option that is coming. It's been released for the Chevy line. The description below is probably similar to the option our Rams can expect.

Don't know if it will be exactly the same, but this gives you an idea.

http://www.flashpaq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5081

New Shift Torque Option is available. This feels a lot like the shift pressure we have currently but instead of Stock +2PSI, etc the option is percentage based between stock and the Superchips values. So this means there is (in order from lowest firmness to highest firmness) Stock Value, 25% Superchips, 50% Superchips, 75% Superchips, Superchips Value (which is 100%), 125% Superchips, 150% Superchips, and Max Value. The Max Value is very aggressive on some trucks so we have added a warning screen that says: “Using Max Value removes all torque reduction during shifting. This setting is not covered by Superchips warranty and should be used cautiously.” Then they must accept yes/no. This is the wording we came up with in our engineering meeting. We do record when they use this setting and program the vehicle.

Sil

Old 03-04-2009, 09:10 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

Not at this time but I am going to add this vehicle to my report listing future models to research along with the SRT-8.

Scott

Old 03-04-2009, 09:13 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

I am going to sit down with the engineer today or tomorrow to discuss the timelines of the future options to be released and will bring this info up in the meeting as well to get clarification on what TQ management options he plans to offer similar to this format.

Scott

Originally Posted by SilsHemi
A few of you have asked about torque management option that is coming. It's been released for the Chevy line. The description below is probably similar to the option our Rams can expect.

Don't know if it will be exactly the same, but this gives you an idea.

http://www.flashpaq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5081

Sil

Old 03-04-2009, 09:21 AM
SilsHemi
All Star

Originally Posted by Scott@Superchips
I am going to sit down with the engineer today or tomorrow to discuss the timelines of the future options to be released and will bring this info up in the meeting as well to get clarification on what TQ management options he plans to offer similar to this format.

Scott
Thank you Scott!

Sil

Old 03-09-2009, 10:43 PM
matty_p
Professional

Scott,
Will the tranny line pressure options, TB relearn options, TQ management options etc. etc. be available for the 4.7's also?

Old 03-09-2009, 10:49 PM
sharkhunter10
Captain

Diablo!

Old 03-10-2009, 08:14 AM
Scott@Superchips
Former Vendor

The Trans line pressure, TQ management, Idle adjust, and stand alone tire options were confirmed to me last month for the 4.7L owners.

I will have to look into the TB relearn option to make sure.

Scott

Originally Posted by matty_p
Scott,
Will the tranny line pressure options, TB relearn options, TQ management options etc. etc. be available for the 4.7's also?

Old 03-10-2009, 08:24 AM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Scott, any idea of how close we are to getting our hands on some of these new features?

Old 03-10-2009, 08:28 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I thought we had a sticky up top for this?

Quick Reply: Diablo or superchips???