3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Diablo or superchips???

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2009, 04:31 PM
dirtydog
Moderate User
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the Diablo Predator on my 2008 Hemi. I installed the 91oct tune and disable MDS. I get better gas mileage and better performance. I am very happy. Also, the support of the staff and flexibility of tuning options far exceed the Superchips IMO.

Old 01-18-2009, 04:49 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Yeah, I think Diablo FINALLY getting that thing to market, although well over a year and a bunch of destroyed LX Hemi engines later, has Superchips rethinking their "we can't give you anything that would effect CARB certification" policy. A glance at their forum has quite the list of upcoming features all planned for the SC 3815. Competition can only be a good thing for us truck owners...

Old 01-18-2009, 04:58 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtydog
I have the Diablo Predator on my 2008 Hemi. I installed the 91oct tune and disable MDS. I get better gas mileage and better performance. I am very happy. Also, the support of the staff and flexibility of tuning options far exceed the Superchips IMO.
Did you adjust your shift points yet? I did last week and it made a huge difference...not only does it pull longer in gear but it sets up the next shift higher in the rpm range.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:00 PM
SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
Yeah, I think Diablo FINALLY getting that thing to market, although well over a year and a bunch of destroyed LX Hemi engines later, has Superchips rethinking their "we can't give you anything that would effect CARB certification" policy. A glance at their forum has quite the list of upcoming features all planned for the SC 3815. Competition can only be a good thing for us truck owners...

Absolutely...i'm glad SC is stepping up with more options and hopefully that'll put some pressure on diablo to add more too.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:16 PM
TANKZ400
All Star

Dang off road teacher beat me to it, I would like to see some actual dyno sheets for both tuners from people like us not the company.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:27 PM
SilverBullet08
Grand Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i was thinking about getting a tuner also. im leaning towards diablo. does anyone have one they would sell?

Old 01-18-2009, 05:57 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Originally Posted by SilverBullet08
i was thinking about getting a tuner also. im leaning towards diablo. does anyone have one they would sell?
too new on the market, it'd be a tough find. I would have had my Superchips on the market when I finally get my affairs straight and do the cam and SCT custom tunes, but the recent inclusion of the 4.7 & 4.7 H.O. of the 3815 means I'll be able to "hand me down" my Superchips to my Grand Cherokee.

Of a side note, I took the GC to Ga. on my last trip and returned the truck to stock. Installed the XS mileage tune on the Jeep and managed almost 27 mpg on the trip. A good 4 mpg over the best I've ever done. NOT TO SHABBY out of a 4.7 H.O. V8 on a full time 4WD Overland!!!

Old 01-18-2009, 06:58 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by TANKZ400
Dang off road teacher beat me to it.
Hahaha, when I saw that I thought that it was something that others should be made aware of. It makes me think that these canned tunes are all pretty close to each other.

Originally Posted by TANKZ400
I would like to see some actual dyno sheets for both tuners from people like us not the company.
I would like to see them too. He said he would post them up, if I see them I will let you guys know where to get them.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Off_Road_Teacher
Banned

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
too new on the market, it'd be a tough find. I would have had my Superchips on the market when I finally get my affairs straight and do the cam and SCT custom tunes, but the recent inclusion of the 4.7 & 4.7 H.O. of the 3815 means I'll be able to "hand me down" my Superchips to my Grand Cherokee.
Will my 3815 work on the wife's GC with a Hemi???? If it does I would love to throw the program on there and see what it does on the performance program.

Old 01-18-2009, 07:09 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

Originally Posted by Off_Road_Teacher
Will my 3815 work on the wife's GC with a Hemi???? If it does I would love to throw the program on there and see what it does on the performance program.
Last I heard it's just the 4.7 & 4.7 H.O. in the GC. Hemi release for GC is due "early '09", keep an eye out for a release note or bug 'em on the Flashpaq Forum. They are pretty good about responding...

Quick Reply: Diablo or superchips???