3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Cab Light Opinions Please

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 09:40 PM
RaiderJay6
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When are you replacing your toolbox with a black one?

Old 01-21-2009, 10:16 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by RaiderJay6
When are you replacing your toolbox with a black one?
I wont be. My girlfriend thought long and hard for that sucker for Christmas 2 years ago. I cant dump it. I figure between the chrome grille, hood grille the small bits of chrome in the headlights and tail lights...it'll blend good enough without making mama sad for getting me a bum gift.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:46 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Well Hammer...ive done it. I ordered the cab lights...ive spent more on my truck alone than im even taking in while im out of work. Thats what i call love!

Old 01-22-2009, 12:43 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by semigod
Well Hammer...ive done it. I ordered the cab lights...ive spent more on my truck alone than im even taking in while im out of work. Thats what i call love!
cab lights? on that truck? they'll look like ****!!!

Old 01-22-2009, 12:54 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
cab lights? on that truck? they'll look like ****!!!
Dont make me slap you a$$clown!!!

Old 01-22-2009, 01:53 AM
bananafarmer
Professional

way to go they will look good on there but i would take your truck to some other place besides the dealership to get them installed since they are going to have to do some fancy wiring since you dont have the plug and play part. It is easy to do but i understand the not being able to do it part. Make sure they silicon around all the holes or after the first rain you will be bailing out the inside of the truck

Old 01-22-2009, 02:41 AM
4.7Ram5.7Rango
All Star

Bump to the top just because Hammer made me change my sig Maybe Ill make it page 8.....

Semi, any more info on the wheel well liners? My truck looks hideous without them, so Im interested. I saw your link, $70 doesnt seem too bad. Decently easy install?

As far as the lights, I was looking at the exact ones for my truck, but I just couldnt do it, cutting my roof up. At first, I was gonna vote yes, they would look good with your theme. But as others said, I think they're more for "rig" type trucks. Yours has more of a sporty theme to it. Dont get me wrong at all, I love your truck. But I hope all goes well with your decision. When's the install going down? Good Luck!!

Old 01-22-2009, 07:09 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bananafarmer
way to go they will look good on there but i would take your truck to some other place besides the dealership to get them installed since they are going to have to do some fancy wiring since you dont have the plug and play part. It is easy to do but i understand the not being able to do it part. Make sure they silicon around all the holes or after the first rain you will be bailing out the inside of the truck
No "fancy" wiring, there is a harness in the passenger side pillar, I found the wiring to be simple as hell. Unlike the 2nd gens which had a little "bump" on the underside of the roof you could see & feel with the headliner removed, for positioning of the lights, the 3rd Gens (at least the 1500s) do not have.
No, the hardest part of this install is having the confidence to know you've got them marked "just right" before you drill. The template that only comes with the Mopar set would be a good thing for Recon to include.
I've asked a couple of times for somebody who's gotten the Mopar ones to send me their template when finished and I'd copy it and have one available to send to you guys who get the Recons or another brand for like just the cost it would take to mail it, but to date, nobody has sent me one...

Old 01-22-2009, 08:43 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by 4.7Ram5.7Rango
Bump to the top just because Hammer made me change my sig Maybe Ill make it page 8.....

Semi, any more info on the wheel well liners? My truck looks hideous without them, so Im interested. I saw your link, $70 doesnt seem too bad. Decently easy install?

As far as the lights, I was looking at the exact ones for my truck, but I just couldnt do it, cutting my roof up. At first, I was gonna vote yes, they would look good with your theme. But as others said, I think they're more for "rig" type trucks. Yours has more of a sporty theme to it. Dont get me wrong at all, I love your truck. But I hope all goes well with your decision. When's the install going down? Good Luck!!
The liners will be going in this afternoon. I cant really do anything myself for a few weeks so this too is going to the dealership. I have a good dealership to work with, pretty smart guys, reasonable prices and i know a few people that work there. I dont mind bringing them stuff to do.
The shop said it should take about an hour to do including removing and reinstalling my mudflaps and washing out the wheel wells.
As for the cab lights...im hoping to have that dont in a month but we'll see. Ive been off work for a month already and you freaks keep making me spend all my $!! DF is BREAKING me lol.
Ill try snaping a few pics after the liners are in.

Old 01-22-2009, 07:49 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Heres page 8! I got my wheel liners in. Looks clean as hell. Now i cant wait to get my calipers and rotors painted white. I think that will look nice as hell. Cab lights should be here wednesday. I almost thought about calling my boss for an advance against my bonus and get em installed right away.

Quick Reply: Cab Light Opinions Please