3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

First oil change

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 05:13 PM
RodeoRamCowgirl
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dodgeorgethit
anything but penzoil
Yeah, I will shoot myself before I put Penz in ANY of my cars again...

My Compact had that for its first year, then the recall came out to check the injectors and oil lines, and the guy in the shop when I took it in asked who I was letting change it... He showed me what he replaced, it shoulda cost me 85.00 to replace but he comped it under warranty as 'faulty' - i love the dealership that takes care of my car :-P

My compact has mobil now & a fram filter

Ive heard good things about Royal Purple , but no personal experience yet on it... so we shall see though!! I know I will not be taking her to walmart tho...

Last edited by RodeoRamCowgirl; 01-17-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 05:17 PM
CarGuyOhio
Admin formally known as 94rt10ohio
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have been considering a switch to RP from M1. Just have not pulled the trigger.

As for filter I stick with Chrysler. But then again my toys get 1K on a oil change, actually less on the Viper.

When I had a M1 filter on the SRT Ram I would get a whine at startup. Many SRT owners got this whine. Someone finnally determined it was due to the filter. I questioned it, but when I changed the whine was gone! Sorry, but a whine can not be good.

Old 01-17-2009, 05:28 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by 94rt10ohio
I have been considering a switch to RP from M1. Just have not pulled the trigger.

As for filter I stick with Chrysler. But then again my toys get 1K on a oil change, actually less on the Viper.

When I had a M1 filter on the SRT Ram I would get a whine at startup. Many SRT owners got this whine. Someone finnally determined it was due to the filter. I questioned it, but when I changed the whine was gone! Sorry, but a whine can not be good.
I don't know Lance, I used to go with this chick, she'd whine like a *********.

well I guess maybe that would be a topic best continued in a PM, huh...

Quick Reply: First oil change