3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

V6 Topping Derrick! :P

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 11:41 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and u can't hate on the ricers...us v6 rammers that soup up our v6's are on the exact same page as those guys. start with something slow, spend tons to make it a LITTLE faster, but still not as fast as what we could have purchased before the original slow vehicle.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:43 PM
chambers
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Twink how are you liking the stage 2?
Derrick did you ever find your other chip b/c I've got a funny story for you.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:47 PM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

no..haven't found it yet. i would swear it's in my backyard though...but we've had snow on ground since forever.

please tell me your story involves your friend being my garbage man whose personal vehicle is a 2006 ram st and he was like, "OMG...THIS GUY THREW A PERFECTLY GOOD JET CHIP STAGE 2 AWAY!!!"

if that is in fact you're story...you're banned =p

Old 01-20-2009, 11:54 PM
chambers
Record Breaker

No that isn't it. I ordered my chip from autoanything.com on the 26th of december and called them a few times trying to find out when it was shipping. It took awhile for me to get it, but I got it and put it in as you know. The funny thing is they sent me a tracking number the day after I got it and it was different from the one on the package I had just received. So I call them and they don't know what is going on. In a few days I get a second chip. Now keep in mind I only paid for one, so I call them and tell them I got two and only ordered one and they say they will tell Jet to send me an RMA. Well I waited about a week for that then called them again and they said to keep waiting. I just got an email from autoanything today saying Jet has no record of sending me a second chip and not to send it back. So I got 2 for 1.

Old 01-21-2009, 04:00 AM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

u...are...a...bastard!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2009, 04:02 AM
derricksmash
V6 Ram Moderator

they have no record of it because my garden gnomes stole mine and shipped it you in packaging that looked like it came from autoanything.com.

I politely ask that you ship it back to me asap

it was probably THIS guy...he's always up to no-good in my yard

Last edited by derricksmash; 01-21-2009 at 04:03 AM. Reason: had to add picture of GNOME CULPRIT.
Old 01-21-2009, 01:42 PM
Twink
Veteran
Old 01-21-2009, 01:43 PM
Twink
Veteran

i dig it, i also changed my fuel mapping myself.. and i set a rev limiter because for some reason i couldnt seem to find it... even after 6k rpm.. so i got it set around 5.8k

Originally Posted by chambers
Twink how are you liking the stage 2?
Derrick did you ever find your other chip b/c I've got a funny story for you.

Old 01-21-2009, 01:47 PM
chambers
Record Breaker

Nice Twink, your truck will be sick with a turbo. How much has all this modding cost you so far?
Derrick I'm sorry your gnomes are cleptos, but mine is a stage one so I don't think they shipped yours to me. How did your chip get in your back yard?

Old 01-21-2009, 01:55 PM
Twink
Veteran

Originally Posted by chambers
Nice Twink, your truck will be sick with a turbo. How much has all this modding cost you so far?
Derrick I'm sorry your gnomes are cleptos, but mine is a stage one so I don't think they shipped yours to me. How did your chip get in your back yard?

he was so excited to put it on he ran into the yard slipped on his stars and flung it into a pile of snow in his backyard, where his gnome decided to grab it, burry it and stand there and watch as derrick was crushed and had to go back inside to do nothing

Quick Reply: V6 Topping Derrick! :P