3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

anyone have a aftermarket fuel door?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:49 PM
ried69
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by semigod
Ive got a few other things i wanted to finish up on her before i update pics. But its coming soon...wheel liners goin in tomorrow, tail lights in now, new painted stuff coming on new parts etc...

As for the fuel door link, anytime, glad to help!
Alright, everytime you've said that you have the eyelids on your truck, I see that sig picture and get confused. Updating after you're done would really help.
These chrome doors look really sweet on these trucks, post up some pictures after you put it on.

Old 01-21-2009, 10:59 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

LOL the eyelids are 1 of the things i need painted. they arent put on yet. New grille shell needs paint and a few other small items. I actually DID put the black fuel door on already...but that didnt need paint

Old 01-21-2009, 11:10 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ried69
Alright, everytime you've said that you have the eyelids on your truck, I see that sig picture and get confused. Updating after you're done would really help.
These chrome doors look really sweet on these trucks, post up some pictures after you put it on.
Here ya go man...shes dirty as hell but ya can still see it

Name:  DirtyAssFuelDoor1.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  61.8 KB

Old 01-21-2009, 11:21 PM
BigSushi

I want to get a locking black door
Check this one out LINK

Old 01-21-2009, 11:24 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Looks sweet Semigod. I love the way that your truck looks, but a good wash and wax would be really nice for your truck. But looks good, that was a good add-on for your truck.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:33 PM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ried69
Looks sweet Semigod. I love the way that your truck looks, but a good wash and wax would be really nice for your truck. But looks good, that was a good add-on for your truck.
Its killing me shes sitting there and not cleaned up...i cant wash it myself right now. Im breaking the rules taking her in to get the wheel well liners installed tomorrow. I know a few ppl at the dealership and am gonna ask if they will scrub her up a bit for me. Maybe in about a week ill get the green light to legally drive and ill get my paint match done to squirt my parts up...sad thing is if it wasent for bad luck i wouldnt have any luck at all.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:41 PM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by semigod
Its killing me shes sitting there and not cleaned up...i cant wash it myself right now. Im breaking the rules taking her in to get the wheel well liners installed tomorrow. I know a few ppl at the dealership and am gonna ask if they will scrub her up a bit for me. Maybe in about a week ill get the green light to legally drive and ill get my paint match done to squirt my parts up...sad thing is if it wasent for bad luck i wouldnt have any luck at all.
Yea, I know what you mean. I hate knowing that vehicles are dirty. But if you don't mind me asking, what's wrong that you can't drive? An injury or something? Sorry to hear that you can't drive your truck. That would kill me if I couldn't drive my truck.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:45 PM
jonnymagnum
Grand Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same black fuel door as semi. I didnt have to modify mine at all...

Old 01-21-2009, 11:45 PM
hemiguy0302
Record Breaker

I would like to add if the original poster is in an area where winters are cold and have alot of salt and road grime I would reccomend against it. I have one of the filler doors that you push in to open and its a huge PIA. It has frozen on my 3 times this winter and really gas is kinda important to keep oh I dunno above empty so yeah take that into consideration. Locking units also seem to not like the cold of Canadian winters I have found out and lock de icer is hardly effective. Good luck though

Old 01-21-2009, 11:55 PM
KRZY.BMET
Peaceful Browser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the stick on one then up graded to the full replacement with the lock. Looks much better than the stick on ones.

I spent $25 on the stick on (DF sponsor) and then I paid $35 for the full replacement from Advanced Discount Autoparts. 10 minutes to change out.

The stick on will handle the car washes if you really need to know. I use a 1500 psi pressure washer for my truck and it never moved. Ironically one of the rivets did fall out of the stick on one. Did not know how that happened. Spend the $20 extra or in your case, less and get the full replacement with or without the lock. You'll be much happier.

Final note, the stick on kind doesn't shine to well.

Quick Reply: anyone have a aftermarket fuel door?