3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

anyone have a aftermarket fuel door?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 11:55 PM
Redone4x4
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in las vegas, should be covered on the road salt lol. thats good to know though, I was wondering if anyone ran into any problems.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:06 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by ried69
Yea, I know what you mean. I hate knowing that vehicles are dirty. But if you don't mind me asking, what's wrong that you can't drive? An injury or something? Sorry to hear that you can't drive your truck. That would kill me if I couldn't drive my truck.
I had neck surgery dec 23rd. Just trying to recover and that involves doing absolutly nothing...it sucks

Old 01-22-2009, 12:16 AM
ried69
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by semigod
I had neck surgery dec 23rd. Just trying to recover and that involves doing absolutly nothing...it sucks
Ouch. That had to suck. Good to know you're doing better at least. I really feel for the people who have to go through those things. Many people think "oh, I'd love to sit at home all day." But once you do, you realize you'd rather be working or out and about over sitting around. Hope you have a thorough recovery.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:25 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Thanks...ive never been 1 to sit around as it is. Vacation is nice but thats about it. I THOUGHT i was goin back to work friday...my Dr said no...2 more weeks off. Ugh!

Old 01-22-2009, 08:35 AM
rebel61021
Veteran

I have the full replacement on my truck and only had to use a pocket knife once so far this winter to open it becasue it was froze shut but it was also during our -20 week here in Il. Had no problem putting it on and mine is the non locking door.

Old 01-22-2009, 09:09 AM
SeMiGoD
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by hemiguy0302
I would like to add if the original poster is in an area where winters are cold and have alot of salt and road grime I would reccomend against it. I have one of the filler doors that you push in to open and its a huge PIA. It has frozen on my 3 times this winter and really gas is kinda important to keep oh I dunno above empty so yeah take that into consideration. Locking units also seem to not like the cold of Canadian winters I have found out and lock de icer is hardly effective. Good luck though
The link i posted for the fuel doors arent the kind you push in to open. Simply insert yout finger and pull it open like the stock fuel door. I can totally see where the push n release type would stink to have.

Quick Reply: anyone have a aftermarket fuel door?