3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Replacing speakers in 2004 Dodge Ram 1500

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 10:13 PM
Steve180
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Replacing speakers in 2004 Dodge Ram 1500

I blew the speakers on both door panels inside my dodge. It had infinity speakers in it, i bought a pair of 6" kickers. Im new at all this stuff and i needed a walk through on how to connect the speakers to the car etc. If you can help I'd appreciate thx

----> let me know if the 6" kickers was an alright choice.

Old 01-22-2009, 12:06 AM
pcollins
Veteran

It is pretty self explanatory once you get the door panel off. If your truck is like my 2005, just remove the door handle screw, the screw behind the door handle, and the 2 screws at the bottom of the front doors. Make sure once everything is loose, you disconnect the power window and door lock harness before you try to completely remove the door panel (easiest if window is down before you start). Once the door panel is off you will see the blown speakers. Remove them. Hopefully the speakers you bought will mount right up (you can check on www.crutchfield.com to see if they will "fit" without modifications). I do not know for sure, but my guess is that dodge has a factory harness that connects to the back of the infinity speakers, aka there isnt any wire splicing. If you want to keep it this way, you will need to buy a harness that is specially made for your truck from www.crutchfield.com for $10. If you dont care, then you will need to cut the harness and then connect adapters, which should have come with your new speakers, so that you can connect the + and - wires from the door to the speaker.Once you connect the wires to the terminals on the speaker you just mount it back up, try the radio to make sure they work, and then re-install the door panel. My guess is a 30-minute job if you are efficient.

If this is too confusing let me know. I am busy tonight so dont have much time to write.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:58 AM
Steve180

thanks, i am just scratchy on connecting the new speakers is it like a big task?

Quick Reply: Replacing speakers in 2004 Dodge Ram 1500