3rd Gen Ram Tech 2002-2008 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 2002 through 2008 Rams Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

my new rims

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009 | 11:17 AM
talon6
|
Record Breaker

the man,the myth,the legend,the hammer.lol

Old 02-07-2009 | 11:21 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

I'll bet if you go outside, stand next to that truck when it's quiet and listen..... you'll hear it beg, "Lift me, Lift me"...

Old 02-07-2009 | 11:36 AM
talon6
|
Record Breaker

it was sending me subiliminal (spelling?) messages through the radio as soon as i pulled out of the tire shop.lol

its getting lifted real soon. next week i am gonna get bushwacker pocket flares and get them painted to match. those tires really fling the stuff up the side of my truck. then its on to the lift.

Old 02-07-2009 | 01:13 PM
BIGHORNBLUE
Rookie

looks good dude, love the rims! Oh yeah, lift that baby!

Old 02-07-2009 | 01:25 PM
Cole's dad

Very nice wheels and i like the tires also but they are a bit too agressive for my driving. I can imagine they are going to hurt the gas mileage and be a bit harder on the balljoints, wheelbearings and tie-rods. They really look good though.

Old 02-07-2009 | 05:32 PM
talon6
|
Record Breaker

yeh,pretty agressive. i thought what the heck. i put less than 10k on a year so i figure they will last atleast a year.yep definitly more stress and less mileage i was kinda ready for both. the tire and rim combo weighs like 98lbs.they took a little of my power away and it takes a little more braking to get stopped.

when i went and had it lined up after install the rf outer tie rod end had just a little play in it.like 1/8 of an inch or so. he said it wasnt bad enough that he wouldnt align it but wanted me to know because those new heavy rims would make it go bad quicker. i told him just go ahead and replace it. he was like really,most people just say they will get it later. no sense it waiting for it to go clear out i told him.

that was only the 3rd thing i have had to fix on the truck.tail light boards,alternator,and now outer tie rod end. i feel i have been pretty fortunate. but i do baby my truck alot.

Quick Reply: my new rims